Storage Auctions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bellboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone ever attend storage auctions around OKC, Moore, Norman, Chickasha, Lawton area? If so are they worth your while and where do you find a good list of upcoming auctions?

I have been watching Storage Wars on TV!!!!!

m4man27

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The sales are usually listed in the papers. They must be listed publicly to give fair notice to those who may have interest in them. I went to one several years ago. Found nothing like what those guys pick up, miracle of editing. LOL

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been to a bunch around Tulsa area.

Watch the newspapers for notice and just call the storage places and they'll tell you when they have them. It serves them to let you know, the more people there, the better for them.

Most of what I saw was peoples junk they didn't want anymore and not worth messing with. I suppose you could go to 20 or 30 of them and maybe get one or two worthwhile but just keep in mind that what they show you on TV is only the ones worth showing for entertainment. You don't see the thousands that don't have anything but junk in them.

If you decide to go, set a low expectation because you'll likely be disappointed.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
in a lot of states mini-storages are heavily regulated and the laws enforced.
the rooms/containers can't be opened until the sale. just like they show on tv.
in Okla. the laws are not heavily enforced.
most places, the workers go thru the stuff the night before the sale and your never going to find a million dollar prize in one. I've never been to one that they cut the locks off of, until those shows started. and its funny how they all have the same 99 cent locks on them.
I've been to a lot of them and since these shows started all the people with more money than sense have come to "strike it rich"

If you want to find out about it watch the "legal notices" section of the classifieds. usually the sunday edition.
leave your money at home and go watch a few times.

Electrician Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All the TV shows have ruined being able to find or get a good deal at a auction. I used to go to them from time to time, at the last one I attended units full of junk were selling for 400/500 bucks. A couple of years ago they would have sold for 40/50 bucks each. The last City of Tulsa surplus auction was insane. Everything I wanted sold for about the same as if you were to just go to a store and buy it new.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife manages a storage facility, Since storage wars started the number of buyers has increased about 4 times the usual number? She tells me what the units sale for and what some people tell her they find in them. They do cut the locks earlier than the auction date to take photo's of the unit for legal purposes but they do not go thru any of the units. There are very rare cases of people making real money from these sales though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom