Storage Auctions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've found some homeruns at thrift stores, pawnshops, and garage sales. I went to a Storage Auction by my house a few years back and left after the first couple storages got bid up outrageous. Very small storages going over $400-500 with nothing but junk. We've had people come in our shop with some really cool stuff from storage auctions, but I've never had any luck.

sky428

T2 Armory
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Storage auctions are not like they use to be. Now with the Storage Wars tv show the auctions are packed with people paying crazy prices. I gave up on them.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:pms2::pms2::pms2:

I have gone to few because of that damn show and ended up with junk every time. Nothing worth anything. That's a show, its all fixed. Save you time and money. I paid them to clean up their trash.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I emailed a guy advertising a storage auction once where he named several items that were in the unit. I asked him how he knew what was in the unit if they weren't supposed to cut the lock until the auction.

His reply was "experience". Experience indeed... more like checking it out ahead of time.

I always thought the laws in Oklahoma were such that they were not allowed to cut the lock until the auction. From my understanding, a unit is forclosed upon much the same way a tenant is evicted and the owner of the items actually has right up until they begin the auction to make good on payments and avoid having their possessions sold. In fact, I'm sure that's the way it's supposed to be. But that doesn't mean everyone plays by the rules.

Latest posts

Top Bottom