Storm Preppers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone prepping for the coming storms? I don't have a shelter, so I'm still debating on holding down the fort or loading up in the truck and getting out of the way. lol Anyone else getting excited?

bernardderek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL I will be excited if I get to see the storms, but are not in the direct path of them....I am a meteorologist for the AF and we have been super busy with all of this stuff today. The chances for severe for you will be much greater tomorrow evening....Stay Safe!!!

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Normally my prep involves driving to one of several field entrances with a good SW view and parking while watching the radar.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to be at an event with some people (people that ignore the weather). I dunno. I may have to split and take whoever wants to leave with me if the radar on my phone shows colorful blobs en route. I hate being tied up somewhere on severe days.

sky king

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I fooled around and didn't get the fraidy hole fogged. We'll have to fight the spiders for it. The wife won't like that. The big hassle is getting the four cats and two dogs down into the hole with us . . .

I'm sure she'll have the radio and flashlights out by the time I get home from work.

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I just bought our first house in February. I should have financed to put in one of flat safes in the garage. When I was a kid we lost our house in the may 1999 tornado, if it looks like it will be that bad I'll probably be getting out of the way. Sometimes an interior room just isn't enough. You need to either be underground or in reinforced concrete.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Been preparing all day. Armchairs are in the front lawn and I've got my climbing shoes on in case I cant see it from the ground.

If only everyone were like you and would watch them from home, instead of clogging up the roads trying to catch a glimpse of something that's easier to see on the news channels. I'm one of many county storm spotters who have almost been sideswiped while sitting watching a storm.

wilson

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't mind the storms as long as they keep a little distance. we are supposed to be having a movie night at the house... maybe we will be watching twister in 3d. haha

Latest posts

Top Bottom