Storm Shelter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally came today. Lots and lots of waiting, pushed back twice, but it is finally here. I am feeling much better about storm seasons now.

Storm Shelter.jpg

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
THat is one of our concerns. We live across the street from the baseball fields. I am really concerned about a big storm coming during a ball game and having to turn people away. Its a small town so I am sure that half the town already knows about it and the others will find out at 5 when they get off work.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last 2 year's the fair special was about $100 off their regular prices, you can typically save another chunk via cash discount. I'm headed to the fair this afternoon ($2 admission) so I'll try to take a peek and post what I see.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ordered from www.AreaSeptic.com out of Elmore City. It was $2700 installed and has the stamped concrete front and powder coated door and stairs as that is the only option they offer. The door also has what seems to be a nice 3 point latch system with a cotter pin hold the latch in place.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not intending to hijack the thread but does anyone know if there are going to be any decent discounts on storm shelters at the fair?

F5 is the shelter we're looking at (garage floor shelter) and they're at the fair with "State Fair Specials", whatever that means. I plan on seeing what they have to offer. The owner (or at least an employee of F5) is a member here, but I don't recall his name. Many members here have F5 shelters from him and all seem to be pretty pleased, though I don't think any of them have had a chance to "test" his products (thankfully). I've compared F5 against GroundZero, FlatSafe, and one or two other similar shelters and F5 definitely gets a chance at my business first.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That is exactly the same tornado shelter we got 10 years ago. It is dug into the ground right outside our front porch, and real easy to get to. We've used it 4 times. Twice was real close. Also, we have two NOAH Weather Radios - one in the bedroom and one in the living room. I'm telling you, it takes a ton of worry off our minds having the tornado shelter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom