Dewalt 20v Chainsaw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
12ft sturdy step ladder and that DeWalt Pole saw will get a guy way up in a tree to clean it out. I cleaned out the interior of this huge Willow Oak in the back yard of this recent home we bought.

And then broke out the 24ft extension ladder. My life is easier with the 20v elect tools. Like em bunches!

This Willow Oak was suffering still from that bad ice storm 3 years ago. It was so full of interior crap. It was never cleaned out after that bad storm.

IMG_5126.jpeg

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine came with one extension. You can run two of them?

They (Dewalt) says not to...and they keyed it so you "cant"...but with a quick trim of two keys they'll go together. Not suggesting it, just what I read/saw.

Sounds like one side has 2 keyways and the other has 4. Trim 2 of them off on the end with 4 to match the end with 2 and you're good to go.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They (Dewalt) says not to...and they keyed it so you "cant"...but with a quick trim of two keys they'll go together. Not suggesting it, just what I read/saw.

Sounds like one side has 2 keyways and the other has 4. Trim 2 of them off on the end with 4 to match the end with 2 and you're good to go.

I could see that being handy. A guy could rig some stiffeners to aid it.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see some people bought a 2nd extension...you can trim a tab and run two for EXTRA length. Probably unwieldy as all get out but a neat hack if needed.
I got mine yesterday and put it together to test, I will say another extension would be interesting to manage.

Now I have to figure out which wall mount to 3d print.

Latest posts

Top Bottom