Storm Shelters and State Fairs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We bought a house a month ago, and one of my wife's high-priority items is a storm shelter. (She lived in Lawton for 3 years. I grew up in Ohio.)

I recall from reading through posts that several of you guys got discounts from a shelter vendor at the fair. Does that discount make it worth it to run up to Tulsa for the day?

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've got our money set aside & are waiting for the state fair in hopes of negotiating the best deal we can on a Flat Safe or Ground Zero unit.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've got our money set aside & are waiting for the state fair in hopes of negotiating the best deal we can on a Flat Safe or Ground Zero unit.

The vendors will negotiate? I thought their "fair" prices were set - take it or leave it.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard many people say they've negotiated at the fair. I guess if they have a special that I feel is acceptable that keeps me from having to haggle that'd be just peachy.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We bought a Jim Giles safe room last fall. It seems it hasn't rained since then. The quality and service for what we got was well worth what they wanted for it.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Same here. We're just wondering if there's a better time to do it (beginning of the fair when they want to get the ball rolling or towards to end to try to squeeze out that one last sale). Anybody here work out a deal on either of these shelters at the State Fair? If so, any tips and tricks?

The vendors will negotiate? I thought their "fair" prices were set - take it or leave it.

I can't speak for shelters, but I know you can on storage sheds and I believe you can on hot tubs, too.

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We bought our safe room a few months back after looking at several at the Home and Garden show where they were running specials also. Not sure if the Fair discounts are greater but we saved about $300. The brand that we went with was Family Safe. They are built somewhere around Skiatook area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom