Strange aircraft(?) flying over Bartlesville.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
iu

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh. Not aliens or UFOs, not satellites, it was obvious these objects were low. Not skimming treetops, but they weren't way high up in the sky.

It was probably just some military exercises with a type on lights on the planes I'm not used to seeing. And they didn't fly in a formation, just a scattered, widely varied line.

Oh well, no big deal, it was just odd.

And as for the drinking, yes, I'd had... maybe 4 oz of Scotch, my buddy had a single rum & coke. Not enough to even feel the slightest edge of a buzz, so no, that wasn't it.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw what turned out to be a drone about half a mile away once, showed up right after a storm, looked like it was almost in the clouds.
Was moving like no aircraft could.
I thought "that's how they watch us! They hide in storms!"
Then I figure it out. Was exciting for a minute or two.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will tell you you were witnessing a few hot air balloons. All of them no matter what colr the balloons are display the orange flame inside just exactly as you described it.

Watch this at 6:59

images

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will tell you you were witnessing a few hot air balloons. All of them no matter what colr the balloons are display the orange flame inside just exactly as you described it.

Watch this at 6:59

images

I don't think so. These were moving way too fast to be balloons and there wasn't any wind to speak of. I know there can be wind aloft when there isn't at ground level, but also would have been directly in opposition to most of the prevailing winds in this area, too.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone spoofing people is a likely explanation. It's got be simple to rig up little helium-filled reflective party balloons with a light source. Life is Bartlesville is dull...why not see what happens if you turn some loose?....maybe rig a drone to tow a chain of them

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wind aloft can be quite different than on the ground. I was flying Sunday and wind on the ground was about 8 knots to the north, up a couple thousand feet it was 25-28 knots to the south. As far as drones there are several companies that have dozens and dozens of big drones with unbelievable lights (until you see them) that they fly in airshows doing aerobatics at night. Quite a show! but it was probably just aliens

Latest posts

Top Bottom