Street Outlaws and actual illegal street racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They do those things with the paramedics and what not because they have to have that to get a permit to film, trust me. They didn't always have these things. And saying that guy was a participant on the show was like the media calling war machine a ufc fighter.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems pretty clear to me. NHRA's position is that, regardless of how the show is produced, it glorifies, romanticizes, and promotes illegal and dangerous activity...as evidenced by the recent deaths in CA involving someone featured on the show. Not something they would want to be associated with obviously.
The NHRA's position on street racing shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who knows their history--getting racers off the streets and onto the drag strip was a big reason for them coming into existence.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly, that is the entire problem. The show portrays this as actual illegal street racing, when in reality, they take precautions, have paramedics on scene, close the roads, etc., but they hype up how "illegal" it is. They are not honest about it, they glorify the illegal aspect. Now they have a participant in the show in jail for felony murder because of the same actions portrayed on the show, with the exception of the whole safety and legal thing, minor stuff really....

They should have been honest about how they set it up in the first place.

why not just go to Thunder Valley? If they have the same conditions as the track, just go to the track. BUT...if two guys are out in the middle of nowhere racing, then there is no crime if no victim I'd think...But they tend to take things to the extreme in CA, FL, etc. with the whole street racer culture...I am guessing the people killed were there to watch illegal street racing? If so, then did they not put themselves in harms way? God rest their souls though...if not and they were punks racing in a populated area, then they deserve their penalty for their negligence

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The NHRA's position on street racing shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who knows their history--getting racers off the streets and onto the drag strip was a big reason for them coming into existence.

Exactly what I was thinking when I first heard about it.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The GT-R driver who appeared on the show apparently wasnt actually in the car racing during in the incident, worse, he was one of the sponsers and coordinators of the event.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of the show is staged, just like any show.

Anyone that does not think that these guys are real street racers, have not been around the street racing crowd for very long.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone that does not think that these guys are real street racers, have not been around the street racing crowd for very long.
I like this show. I love their passion for cars and speed because I have the same passion for it I just dont go to the extremes like these guys do or friends and family back in California. I respect it as long as its done with safety in mind. Nobody who watches the show is stupid enough to think theyre really sneaking around and racing out on some back road some where trying not to get busted by the cops. But most know that these guys have done that and probably still do. So, its not like it hasnt or isnt happening, they just have to film and show edited and law enforcement chaperoned events or the show couldnt air something illegal legally. Most fans that watch this type of show already know the sport and probably the racers and like me they just like to watch the cars race and the cars themselves. Me anyways.

Where I come from and still have a home in northern CA has a big street scene and an even bigger big truck scene, its not all just down in and around LA in CA. Theyre really racing out there, I know for a fact, its not just some fantasy. But when its not done safe its just stoopid.

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The GT-R driver who appeared on the show apparently wasnt actually in the car racing during in the incident, worse, he was one of the sponsers and coordinators of the event.

The GT-R driver that appeared on the show was Bernie, and he is a local here. You're thinking of Izzy. He drove the pickup truck that Derek beat in the Cali episode.

Latest posts

Top Bottom