Stunned to find ammo today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was absolutely stunned to run across ammo today.

Today I went to lunch at 1:30PM and thought I'd go to the Academy at I-240 & Walker. As you all know, normally by around 9am they are all sold of what of they put out at 8am.

They had lots of ammo! This is the first time since last year that I've seen different brands and weights at the same time. In 9mm they had 115, 124 and 147 and lots of it. A great selection of different varieties of 40, 45, 380, etc, and a metric ton of 308. CCI mini mag 22 for $7.49 ! and lots of it. 1:30PM !!

Of course they still have limits, 3 boxes total with only 1 box of each size, but still, man I was surprised!

On the way home I stopped at the Academy on NW 63?NWHWY and they still had a really good ammo selection left at 7:30 pm.

Maybe things are getting better !!!! Light at the end of the tunnel !

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stopped at Stillwater perkins road walmart store, and the Ponca Walmart Store today around noon. Found nothing but bare shelves.

It appears the hoarders and resellers are still around.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I kinda found that if there are more than 1 or 2 sources of ammo its a bit easier to find. Like when there is an academy or something near by. Chickasha walmart generally has nothing but I'm not waking up at 5 am on days I'm not working or hunting/fishing....

I've happened to be in okc or norman a few times right before academy opened and stopped in since was in the area for other things too. Scored a bulk pack of .22 both times no problem. Same day last time I bought 2k primers at SSP (winchester LR and SR).

Soonere39

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also had a good week for ammo. Monday morning Academy in Norman had the 9mm I was looking for. I also bought a box of 22 that I traded with the guy behind me in line who bought me a box of 9mm. Left there with 100 rounds and went to Academy in Edmond by my office and got another 100 rounds. Then I went too Kansas City for work and scored 100 rounds at Bass Pro and went back the following day and got another 100 rounds. I finally have enough I can go to the range and have a little left over for home. 400 9mm rounds total for this week. I may try Academy again tomorrow but I'm about good for now.
It looks like things are beginning to loosen up.

Nerdwick

New to the site!
Reaction score
Soonere39

I am pretty sure I was next to you in line at academy, I picked you up 2 boxes of 9 the next day because you said you haven't been able to find any.

You said you would be there Friday morning...if so we can do our same deal as last week.

If you don't want the 9mm, no biggie I can just throw it in the safe.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stopped at Stillwater perkins road walmart store, and the Ponca Walmart Store today around noon. Found nothing but bare shelves.

It appears the hoarders and resellers are still around.

I don't know what the deal is in Stillwater but every time my wife or I goes there we check (3-4 times a week) and there is never any ammo on the shelves. I will say that a couple if weeks ago the one on perkins road had 5 colt ar's on the rack.

@toehanus

Latest posts

Top Bottom