Subsonic Ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can’t see how an adjustable gas block is going to fix the issue unless you enlarge the port in the barrel and I’m not sure that would even help. I could see having a shorter length gas system like a pistol length with carbine or rifle length barrel might get the pressure up long enough to cycle an action. Sub-sonic 223 REM has to be like shooting super heavy 22lr round.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can’t see how an adjustable gas block is going to fix the issue unless you enlarge the port in the barrel and I’m not sure that would even help. I could see having a shorter length gas system like a pistol length with carbine or rifle length barrel might get the pressure up long enough to cycle an action. Sub-sonic 223 REM has to be like shooting super heavy 22lr round.
yeah, I read .308 and kind of assumed ( I know) he was talking about that. IF you want subsonic .223, just throw it at your target. About the same energy.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Make the first shot count and you do not need the rifle to cycle for the second shot.
Make a very accurate sub sonic load and go with it.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a friend ask me about subsonic 5.56 and my response was the same as yours. Just use a 22 rifle. If you can find them, the 60 gr. Aguila Sniper Sub Sonic (SSS) is a great round out of a 22, and it will cycle a Ruger 10/22.

Latest posts

Top Bottom