Suggestions on visiting Broken Bow lake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dpnt own a boat, so Can I access a decent spot to bait fish deep water by the dam? Want to do some night fishing for walleye and blue cat
Tent Camping suggestions?
Trying to low budget into a fun visit

Last edited:

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dpnt own a boat, so Can I access a decent spot to bait fish deep water by the dam? Want to do some night fishing for walleye and blue cat
Tent Camping suggestions?
Trying to low budget into a fun visit
I've never been there. sounds like a fun trip post some pics when you go

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn’t do it. Too many people down there clogging up the environment that I like. Also, be forewarned, most cars down there will be from, gasp,….Texas….

I am too originally, so I can talk noise about em.

Oh, ETA. Why can’t you catch deep walleye during the DAY?

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn’t do it. Too many people down there clogging up the environment that I like. Also, be forewarned, most cars down there will be from, gasp,….Texas….

I am too originally, so I can talk noise about em.

Oh, ETA. Why can’t you catch deep walleye during the DAY?
In hot weather they stay in cooler water and are light sensitive. We have a sealed beam fishing light we can lower to attract baitfish. At Greers Ferry and Lake Hamilton in Arkansas, people catch alot of big walleyes and trout fishing deep with a light

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In hot weather they stay in cooler water and are light sensitive. We have a sealed beam fishing light we can lower to attract baitfish. At Greers Ferry and Lake Hamilton in Arkansas, people catch alot of big walleyes and trout fishing deep with a light
Ima thinking (there I go again) that at 150-160’ depth, there ain’t a lot of sunlight reaching down that far….. but I could be mistooken. Believe if memory serves correctly, BB is as deep as 180+’ at deepest part.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis Harris, Boars Nest Guide Service on Broken Bow. Cell# 580 703-3333. He is very knowledgeable on fishing BB for walleye. He is a good man. I have not used him but I would in a heart beat. If you go to fish I would ONLY go on Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday. Too many damn Texans that are rude and think they own the place. TRAFFIC IS HORRIBLE ON THE WEEKEND. I no longer fish there because tooooooo many tourists Branson pales compared to BB.

Latest posts

Top Bottom