Suggestions on what to do around Houston, TX?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stroker-c10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know a lot of you guys have probably traveled to or possibly even lived in the area before. I have been living in the Woodlands, TX this summer for an internship. I have been pretty bored because my roommate leaves town almost every weekend and don't know any one in the area. Any suggestions for stuff to do in the area? Restaurants, entertainment, etc. Thanks for the info.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NASA Johnson Space Center is not bad
Holocaust Museum - powerful eyeopening museum
Head down to Galveston for the weekend
Dave and Buster's
Go to a ballgame. Even though the Stros suck this year, still would be fun.
Play some golf, there are some REALLY nice course around Houston, some are kinda pricey.
San Jacinto State Park, and Battelship Texas
Get you some good seafood in Kemah
Look for gators at Brazos Bend State Parks, just make sure you bring you bug spray.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good old H-Town.....

Go to Lake Charles and go gambling.

Food:
Katz's Deli on Montrose street
Central Market....Westheimer ...East of the Galleria area...weekends live music.
George's....spagetti....towards Hobby Airport....on Parkplace street.
Kelly's...if you want big portions of chicken fried steak and home cooking.

Downtown Houston....Specs Liquor store...downtown....largest liquor store I've ever seen....size of a Wal Mart Grocery Store.
The Aquqrium restaurant in downtown....same area...Hard Rock bar and others in same area of downtown.
Guns stores:
Go to Carter's Country Store and range.....Spring area....Treschwig road off of I45.
Collectors Firearms...West of Galleria..Fondren Street...every thing you can think of....high priced....but enormous selection.

Beer...Stag's Head......East of Central Market...West of Katz'

Bat Bridge....over by the dog park...can't remember the street...River Oaks area.
Hundreds of bats come.out at night...cool to watch them.

Galveston:
Gaidos restaurant....Willie G's ..restaurant.
Ride the ferry....see lots of dolphins and jellyfish....be careful...it can get congested with traffic....look for signs giving delays or length of time.

Go to AR15.com.....go to hometown.......Texas.
Every tuesday, the Houston crew meets and posts it on ar15,wherre they'll be. Introduce your self...they love guns and even have weekend shoots....some Class III. They are a fun and knowledgeable bunch and can tell you more places.

Use to live in Galveston and Houston....can't remember street names...look them up.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had my 1st gun stuck in my face in Houston. That was 30 years ago!
Be careful, lived there till I was 13, don't remember much good.
I'm sure there is something good about Houston, just not sure what it is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom