Summer sucks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never understood those who enjoy 100 plus temps i think they have maybe been dropped on their heads. Are you an a/c man or something like that? Lol

I work in a power plant where it is many times over 120* on the turbine floor and even hotter on the upper floors. We wear long sleeved FR clothing at all times. I wear a t-shirt under my FR shirt also.

On my days off I do HVAC work with a buddy of mine. I would much rather be hot than cold. I HATE the cold.

notime

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own a lawn fertilization/weed control business and do all the work myself. About 650 properties. Sure is nice to work in that field in the fall it is awesome to b out then. Not to mention i can go whenever i want

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371177211.686907.jpg

Hate summer? Me too.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is starting to get warm. We can't complain too much in eastern Oklahoma we have had one of the longest spring seasons I remember. It actually took longer than 7 days to go from highs in the 60s to highs in the 90s.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have been in Minnesota in the summer a couple of times, and hot there, is nothing like hot here.

I could not disagree with you more. I have gone up that way quite often over the past 15 years and hot up there is much hotter than down here pound for pound. They have humidity, less of a breeze and mosquito's the size of bats. Some of the literally hottest days of my life were up there. In fact the hottest day I can remember was in Minneapolis.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I could not disagree with you more. I have gone up that way quite often over the past 15 years and hot up there is much hotter than down here pound for pound. They have humidity, less of a breeze and mosquito's the size of bats. Some of the literally hottest days of my life were up there. In fact the hottest day I can remember was in Minneapolis.

Once again, there is an expert on OSA that is much smarter than me.

Minneapolis averages about the same humidity and wind speed for July as OKC, but the temperature is 10 degrees cooler.

From weather.com for the area I visit.

Comparison Weather Facts

*On average Oklahoma City, OK is warmer than Winona, MN by 14°F.

*Oklahoma City, OK recorded the highest temperature of 110°F in 1996.

*On average Winona, MN is cooler than Oklahoma City, OK by 11°F.

*Winona, MN recorded the lowest temperature of -32°F in 1951.

*On average, Oklahoma City, OK is wetter than Winona, MN by 1.4in.

Last edited:

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is starting to get warm. We can't complain too much in eastern Oklahoma we have had one of the longest spring seasons I remember. It actually took longer than 7 days to go from highs in the 60s to highs in the 90s.

Aren't you forgetting that winter stretched into May?

I'm not sure if Kiwash loves or hates me. When we first moved here, our summer electric bills were $300+ 4-5 months out of the year (normal bill was ~$200). After two years of that, I bought a programmable thermostat and installed it myself on a system where all the wires are the same color.

I keep it at 82F when my wife is at work, but my electric bill only breaks $220 in July and August. With that 45 day stretch of 100F+ days, I think our highest was $260ish. Normal bill is ~$150.

With the computers, it's just over 90 in my office some days. When it's really, really hot outside, I'll just sleep in the afternoon and work overnight and through the morning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom