Summer sucks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hot weather does suck. I work in a refinery repair shop and it's still very hot. They started buying portable AC's for us and I got mind today. The only drawback is you have to be right in front of the ducts. It's gotta help.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it one of the ones that uses compressed air? I robbed one of those vortex coolers from some scrap electronics cabinets a couple of years ago, and as long as I have compressed air, it blows enough cool air to help a little.

If its something different, let me know what it is, and I'll present it to our management.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a wintertime soldier. I come to life with the first frost ! I absolutely hate summer but alas until I can find a job somewhere a lot further north possibly north of the 48th Ill just sweat drink Gatorade by the gallon and own stock in gold bond as well as porta cool and Schaffer fan company and hope and pray for the coldest dec-feb on record to almost make Oklahoma summers almost bearable. And kno that today in Stanley Idaho it'll only get to 64 still hot but almost tolerable. If anyone knows of a non native musk ox herder job opening in the arctic circle please let me know !

notime

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just now heating up really the next couple months will really suck. My son just came in and was just stung in the eyelid by a summer loving wasp what a crappy time of year

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is one of those times when being an early riser pays off; on the weekends, I usually mow the yard around 7 AM and do other outside work till about 10 AM, then I move indoors to clean and such. The dew-dampened grass clumps up after being cut, and I'm sure my neighbors love hearing my diesel tractor that early in the morning, but it certainly is a lot more comfortable mowing when it's in the 70s and the sun is just starting up over the trees.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
August gets a little warm, there's plenty of wind out here is bearable. Not sure I could live where there's no season change.

notime

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well nice break from summer last week. Guess it is going to get hot for awhile now. Put out a few cams on water hole being hammered by the deer and another on feed so there will at least be something to look forward to over the next few weeks

Latest posts

Top Bottom