Superdave's show this weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tupperware???? Jewelry????

Maybe it was just one table of each... but to ME, THIS was the point of SuperDave's shows more than price of admission... CONTENT.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2

That wasn't the sole point of SuperDave's shows but it was a selling point. So, you aren't wrong but he also had to find a way to stay profitable - after all it isn't SuperDave's Gun Show charity and in order to keep tables filled and make the show profitable he had to compromise somewhat. That is perhaps unfortunate but it was, in his view, necessary.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Maybe it was just one table of each... but to ME, THIS was the point of SuperDave's shows more than price of admission... CONTENT.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2

I took that to mean a table of Glocks and another table of 1911's. Is that not what he meant? It was actually Tupperware and actual jewelry?

skatalite

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took that to mean a table of Glocks and another table of 1911's. Is that not what he meant? It was actually Tupperware and actual jewelry?

Yeah, there was at least one table with jewelry and another table with tupperware. I wasn't surprised to see it, even with it being my first gun show, because I'd heard of this happening before at other shows.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, I've been to a bunch of gun shows over the last quarter century, and I don't recall one that didn't have at least one table of jewelry or art or Tupperware or similar non-gun stuff. Doesn't bother me in the slightest--hell, I even traded an AR for some nice art (and cash) at an OKC show about 20 years ago. I don't know why anyone would expect a gun show not to have things like that...

skatalite

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, I've been to a bunch of gun shows over the last quarter century, and I don't recall one that didn't have at least one table of jewelry or art or Tupperware or similar non-gun stuff. Doesn't bother me in the slightest--hell, I even traded an AR for some nice art (and cash) at an OKC show about 20 years ago. I don't know why anyone would expect a gun show not to have things like that...

Because it's a gun show? I'm not trying to be snarky or rude.

I've been to many hobby-related shows (trading cards, model cars, etc.) and I've never seen unrelated products at these shows.

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not many people want to sell guns in the summer but the cost of the spaces still go up so you have pay your bills or go under. That is the main reason the cost of gun shows rises. Hence, the need for tables to pay some of the cost and admission to pay the rest. This show has great prices on shotguns and many rifles. There are bargains if you want to look for them or you are willing to haggle. I enjoyed the show. Yesterday's low turnout was because it was competing for customers during an OU football game and the State fair is going on. Today there'll be more action.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a good show, don't get me wrong, I just got stuck looking at jewelry with my MIL for 15 minutes but she passed up the Tupperware thankfully. There were good bargains to be had and my FIL sold a firearm off as soon as he walked in to the dealer nearest the door. He had a good time which is saying a lot considering how picky he can be. There were a few high prices on guns and ammo was high. There was a spam can of 7.62x54r that I was considering but it was labelled as "match" and was $180. I'm not sure match ammo was sold in spam cans but it was out of my price range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom