Support and/or advice needed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My daughter lives with her mother and step-father in another state. I have called my daughter every Wednesday night at 7:00 pm for the last seven (7) years. Tonight, via e-mail, my ex-wife informs me that I can talk to my daughter when she is grown (she will be fourteen in a week). She (my ex) says she will change her phone number tomorrow. Tomorrow, I will talk to my attorney. She (my attorney) has told me that we should have no problem getting a court order to ensure I can talk to my daughter (my ex had hinted earlier in the week that she would not allow me to speak to my daughter tonight, so I have already talked to my attorney about that possibility--which is now a certainty). Tonight, however, I am at a loss. If anyone on this forum has any advice and/or support to offer, I would be grateful. My daughter will be fourteen in a week, and the Christmas holidays are approaching. What a time to be unable to talk to my only child!!

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand this can be difficult especially at this time of the year. My advice would be to not react to the ex-wife emotionally. I would limit my communication with her as little as possible. Don't give her any fuel to throw on the fire. Allow your attorney to handle this through the courts. That's the only way you're going to win this. Be patient, your daughter probably understands exactly what's going on.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prayers offered.

Do not say anything at all to your ex... nothing. At all. Do not say anything to your daughter about it either. Attempt to make the call as usual. Video and audio record it and ensure you can get your phone records to show the attempt. If she holds true to her promise, then use your attorney and file whatever motion she suggests or possibly contempt charges immediately.

I really hate to hear this. I am currently going through custody issues where my ex is pulling out all the stops to actively limit my involvement with my kids and alienate me from them. It's all I can do every day to keep my sanity and I just pray the courts will end up resolving it somehow... that said, I fear that no matter what gets done in court, she will continue to behave this way. Karma will catch her soon enough...

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first question I'd have is why is the ex doing this since you indicated she has allowed the calls for years. Has something changed in the home situation that she doesn't want you to know about. Is it possible your daughter might want a custody change?
Other than that remember there's much wisdom in many counselors. As for trusting the courts to do what's best for children remember they invented no fault divorce and started much of this mess, (divorce industry) that has damaged so many families and children.

https://www.google.com/search?q=int...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

P.S. Thoughts and prayers for you and all going through this type of issue.

OSU_Chris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depending on the judge, they may allow a desision from the child even younger than that.

HMFIC is right. Do not say ANYTHING to the ex. Let your attorney handel this. And watch what you post online.

tsmithwick

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
When my parents go a divorce there was little problems with my custody. But if anything like that happened or if i thought it had i would have moved in with my dad asap. But i guess there are just some real Bi*** women in this world. Get with your lawyer and fight as hard as you can. And will keep you in my prayers.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, prayers, and responses, fellas! I've spent the evening putting my Mini-14 into a Bulter Creek folding stock and listening to Dwight Yoakam (The Very Best of....). I will never talk to that woman in life, if I can manage that, and I'll be glad to let my attorney do all the heavy lifting. And here, now that I've had occasion to remember them, I will post my three rules for dealing with rattlesnakes and women interchangeably: (1). As much as possible, stay far, far away from both, as they are each equally dangerous. (2). If you cannot avoid contact with either one or both of these creatures, do everything within your power to limit your exposure to them to the shortest amount of time possible. (3). And most importantly, Never, Ever Crawl into the Same Sleeping Bag with either one of these creatures!

Latest posts

Top Bottom