Support and/or advice needed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand this can be difficult especially at this time of the year. My advice would be to not react to the ex-wife emotionally. I would limit my communication with her as little as possible. Don't give her any fuel to throw on the fire. Allow your attorney to handle this through the courts. That's the only way you're going to win this. Be patient, your daughter probably understands exactly what's going on.

There is no other valid advice than this. ^^^

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll never understand why adults act like children.

Best of luck to you on this, mightymouse. Maybe you can beat her at her own game: Send your daughter a pre-paid cell phone with your number loaded in the contacts.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm wondering, like BillyBob, why after 7 years of Wed night phone calls things have changed? Something we don't know?

Keep it civil and avoid personal confrontation would be my advice.

okiemaggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does your daughter have a facebook page? Does she know your email address? Could she text you from a friend's phone? She may not know that her mother has pulled the plug on your contact but she certainly knows you didn't stop loving her between last weds and this weds. She will reach out to you somehow. Watch for it.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great advice here. I like okiemaggie's suggestions as well. If you do the end-around as he suggests, make sure to refrain from mentioning what your ex said. Frame it as "Hey, tried to call last night and couldn't get through."

Prayers for you, HMFIC and anyone going through this crap this time of year.

And you might go ahead and record a little message each Wednesday until you get back in touch. Keep them saved and give them to her when you guys get back in touch, so she knows you're still thinking of her, and still love her.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does your daughter have a facebook page? Does she know your email address? Could she text you from a friend's phone? She may not know that her mother has pulled the plug on your contact but she certainly knows you didn't stop loving her between last weds and this weds. She will reach out to you somehow. Watch for it.
Thanks to Maggie and all others who have responded. I tried sending a message via Facebook, but haven't gotten a reply. I do not know how closely my ex-wife monitors my daughter's computer activities. As of yet, she is not allowed to have her own cell phone. I don't know how much of this my ex has revealed to my daughter, but after 7 years of weekly Wed. night phone calls, my daughter is surely aware that something is wrong. Her 14th birthday is a week away....

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First of all, thanks to all of you for the advice, the responses, and the prayers. That female dog I used to be married to GAVE IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told her I had talked to a lawyer, and I suggested that she do the same on her end, as it might save some trouble for all of us. Well, apparently she did see a lawyer on her end, and she did not like what she found out. She sent me a hate-filled e-mail, one so vile and insulting that I deleted it. But it did say that my Wednesday night phone calls to my daughter may continue!

Latest posts

Top Bottom