Supreme Court Rules on Straw Purchase Ban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The way I understand it, it only qualified because his dad gave him the money beforehand to make the purchase (thereby qualifying for his LEO discount). That seems a little like cheating, I wonder if that swayed the decision in some way?

I wonder how long you have to hold a gun before you can resell it and not be in jeopardy for making a straw sale?

The way I understand it, if you buy a firearm and you know you are eventually going to resell it, you may be in jeopardy. That would never be the case with me because I lost all my firearms and I never sell anyway.

Does this make be an escrow guy (holding another parties money during a transaction) a straw purchaser? What about PayPal? Or if you want to stretch it, credit card companies.

Form what I also understand, the rules on buying a firearm for a gift are set out in a letter from the BATFE and not law. That might meant the Supreme Court could strike that down at will, it probably does mean that.

It was just feel good legislation for gun control folks. I watched an interview with some dufus gun control group spokesman on the evening news crowing about what an important piece of legislation this was in the fight to control straw purchases, and keep guns away from criminals.

I repeat, dufas. I can't believe somebody would not see that this does nothing basically.

I agree 100%, even though my post may not reflect that. And it wasn't really legislation, just a decision on the interpretation of the existing laws wording. Wasn't it?

Last edited:

Jam Master Jay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder how long you have to hold a gun before you can resell it and not be in jeopardy for making a straw sale?

The way I understand it, if you buy a firearm and you know you are eventually going to resell it, you may be in jeopardy. That would never be the case with me because I lost all my firearms and I never sell anyway.

Keep your mouth shut when buying a gun and nobody will ever know either way.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was just feel good legislation for gun control folks. I watched an interview with some dufus gun control group spokesman on the evening news crowing about what an important piece of legislation this was in the fight to control straw purchases, and keep guns away from criminals.

I repeat, dufas. I can't believe somebody would not see that this does nothing basically.
It allows the majority of the Supreme Court to state in their opinion that registration and a knowledge by the government of WHO owns WHAT is the most important thing....thereby creating the groundwork for mandated registration in the near future...and confiscation soon after but we all know that...
:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom