Sure glad I don’t own a Chevy volt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Were it not for government subsidies, the retail cost of batteries would be in medium six figures!

For example: The Caterpillar 998H is the largest earth-mover in the world [which operates at $15,000 per hour for diesel, not even counting the amortized cost of the 998H itself, or the payroll for personnel]. It takes an entire hour shift to move enough ore (just from the mine to the smelter) to get enough usable rare-earth minerals for exactly two (2!) electric car battery-packs. Huge amounts of "under the table" taxpayer dollars are required to keep electric cars from rivaling Jaguar and even Rolls Royce prices.

In what universe is that Democrat-crap "green" system even within the same zipcode as sanity??

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any idiot that buys a car whose battery cost $15,000 oughta be bit_ _ slapped!! But it’s their money.

And so should that fricken azzhat in the whitehouse calling for us to go electric.
Is a small price to pay for a Green environment. Global warming is real thing, ask Greta Thunberg and AOC.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen videos on youtube of a guy replacing the batteries in a Prius and they are what I'd call "series" or plates and each one is replaced at a time. Otherwise, the entire series of plates would be far too heavy for one person to handle.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were in Trinidad Colorado Yesterday getting fuel for the truck. In the back of the lot there were a dozen tesla charging stations with 7 tesla vehicles charging.
I fueled up, went into wendy's to get a horrible burger, came back out, ate and went back in to relieve my bowels from that nasty food. The teslas were still there with the drivers standing around outside staring at their phones. We were there about 20 minutes and none left the charging station.
How long does it take to charge one? We typically spend ten minutes or less in a gas station if not getting something inside.

Latest posts

Top Bottom