Sure glad I don’t own a Chevy volt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a boat with a 454 Chevy that burned 26 gallons per hour at wide open throttle.
1661860501091.png

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own a 2018 Volt. I love it. It's not sexy, but it's been a good little car. I plug in at night and at work so I hardly ever run off the internal generator. It gets ~40 mpg when running on gas. Chevy really tried to overbuild the battery. The life on it is projected to be 200-300,000 in some articles I read, we will see. It only has about 60-80% of the battery capacity in use if I've read the reports correctly. The clinic has solar panels so the energy is fairly cheap when I charge at work. Yes, there were subsidies. I doubt the math would work without them. I like the way it accelerates. I like filling up with 9 gallons of gas every ~3 months or so. I've only had 2 or 3 oil changes. Just my personal experience.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own a 2018 Volt. I love it. It's not sexy, but it's been a good little car. I plug in at night and at work so I hardly ever run off the internal generator. It gets ~40 mpg when running on gas. Chevy really tried to overbuild the battery. The life on it is projected to be 200-300,000 in some articles I read, we will see. It only has about 60-80% of the battery capacity in use if I've read the reports correctly. The clinic has solar panels so the energy is fairly cheap when I charge at work. Yes, there were subsidies. I doubt the math would work without them. I like the way it accelerates. I like filling up with 9 gallons of gas every ~3 months or so. I've only had 2 or 3 oil changes. Just my personal experience.
Who do you work for Twitter or facebook? LOL

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to Cat's specs, it burns just over 17 gallons an hour at high duty. I'm not sure where they're buying their fuel, but I think they're being overcharged. At 5 bucks a gallon, it's still less than 900 bucks a day for a ten hour shift.
View attachment 298831
LOL... the diesel 998 earthmover (whose tire is over 20 feet tall) is much larger than the gasoline 988 Wheel Loader

Latest posts

Top Bottom