Sure glad I don’t own a Chevy volt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just can't warm up to the electric vehicle deal. We looked at a 2021 Jeep Wrangler with the really small gas engine with a hybrid motor. It actually ran really good. They mounted the battery in the back behind the rear seat. The battery is about the size ofma large suitcase so there was very little storage room left. I asked what the price of a replacement battery was and they wouldn't tell me????? I asked the salesman if the parts department knew the price and he confessed the dealership didn't have a part number or price for the battery. Well okie dokie. We bought the diesel and it has been great.

Freedom

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Batteries can lose over 60% of their power at low temperatures. Using the heater and defrost will drain more of the battery charge. Recharging a battery at low temperatures also takes longer. Then add more charging time because you have to have the heater on to stay warm while waiting for battery to charge. Then in the future, if you don't have a good social credit score, you won't be allowed to charge your vehicle anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom