Surveyor question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What might this be in a ditch along state hwy.
IMG_20231009_111259109.jpg
IMG_20231009_111308680_HDR.jpg

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They painted up the highway in front of my house recently. Located all the utilities. Painted it up and planted little colored flags everywhere.

They are widening to a 4 lane. It’ll be nice when it’s done but not looking forward to the mess while they do it.

osupoke

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Surveys start at a certain point then when they get so dar from that point they mark the next point.

To me that stake is saying he’s 2000’ from the starting point.
This. That is station number 20, each station marking off 100'. It is 2000' from the beginning of the area surveyed for the project extents (which may not be the same area in which you actually see dirt turned).

It is not an offset marker.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The stake is marking a 20 ft offset from the point of surveyed, they do that to mark the point since they cant drive the stake in the middle of the road or wherever they put the pin.
in the road they usually put a hard nail and washer if i remember correctly

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They painted up the highway in front of my house recently. Located all the utilities. Painted it up and planted little colored flags everywhere.

They are widening to a 4 lane. It’ll be nice when it’s done but not looking forward to the mess while they do it.
Get used to waiting. The state is widening the highway in front of my place as well. They bought (took) twenty feet inside my fence about 4 years ago. They come along every so often and mark the utilities again. I’ve spent four summers pulling those flags so I didn’t get them hung up in my mower deck. Today, they put out a big orange sign that said “Men Working”. I didn’t see anybody all day. The sign has now blown over, and I drug it out of the way. It will be a very long process.

Latest posts

Top Bottom