Swimming Deer:uhwhat:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAKETHESNAKE

Marksman
Reaction score
:uhwhat:A friend of mine sent me this picture. He said his friend was at a local lake fishing and heard something splashing behind him and when he turned around there he was. I don't know if the story is true or even if it is an Oklahoma deer,but I thought it was a cool pic and wanted to share it. Thanks........
[Broken External Image]

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So can cows. I was fishing in a large pond, and one cow was obviously used to crossing a deep neck. One of her associates followed her, and had a near death experience. She barelymade it to the other side, and could barely get up the bank. We laughed ourselves nearly out of the boat. CB

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool pic of a really nice buck!

We stay at a lodge on Grand Lake occasionally. There are several nice mounts in the office. The owner said he goes to islands in the lake and hunts them. They have to swim to get there.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool pic of a really nice buck!

We stay at a lodge on Grand Lake occasionally. There are several nice mounts in the office. The owner said he goes to islands in the lake and hunts them. They have to swim to get there.

Yeah I know of someone else at another lake that does that after the public lands get hit hard.

I've seen deer swim across a cove to get away from coyotes.

Keith6

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a home in the Coves on Duck Creek at Grand Lake. To be honest I wish someone would come in there and thin the herds!!! I am told they have before but man they need someone to get in there as they are really to large in numbers. Any takers?

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a home in the Coves on Duck Creek at Grand Lake. To be honest I wish someone would come in there and thin the herds!!! I am told they have before but man they need someone to get in there as they are really to large in numbers. Any takers?

Pretty sure that area is closed to public hunting....if not, tell me where to be :hey3:

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same here, Id love to help with your problem.

crazyjseay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I noticed that last time I was out there. It seemed like almost every house had a couple deer in the yard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom