Swimming Deer:uhwhat:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This reminded me of sometning that happened to me a few years ago.
I was bass fishing on lake Spavinaw early one morning. lake was still and quiet and I was concentrating on my line, when all of a sudden the lake exploded behind me. After I got my composure and cleaned my drawers out, I looked and there was a big doe swimming across the middle of the lake. She had jumped off the bluff above me and landed right behind the boat.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Deer are great swimmers, ive seen them swim the nav channel not to far from where u live. Illegal to kill one while swimming though.

Where is this in the regs? I am not saying it isn't there, just curious as I don't remember reading anything like that.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
we were out out liberty lake southwest of guthrie getting our duck blind ready. we heard some dogs barking on the west bank. they chased a nice buck into the lake and he swam all the way across. the dogs never even got in the water.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might want to do a risk assessment before you act on your bold idea . . . CB

i was commenting on the idea of tossing your anchor rope on him and dragging the deer to shore... My comment was my risk assessment, saying instead of being able to drag the deer to shore he may decide to join u in the boat for a good ol' butt stomp'n

Latest posts

Top Bottom