T-Mobile - Reviews?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
5 phones, $178 includes tax.
2 are unlimited everything
3 are unlimited talk and text, 2 gig net (kids)
Overall, very satisfied for the price (I'm a tight ass).
Bad. Cell coverage lacks in areas where at&t and Verizon are good. Around here, no problems. Back woods Colorado, a cb works better. In Colorado a month ago and a friend went with who has att, he had great service.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to be a switch tech for T-Mob in OKC. That was back in 2009-2010 though. Big changes since then. I doubt much has changed in the rural areas though. Tough to get coverage out there because of lack of high speed backhaul to the cell sites. They have some microwave sites that make up for some of it. Bad areas were always between Tulsa and OKC along I-44 and that rocky area South of Norman...and, like I said, waaaay out in the boonies.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have it, drove out to branson and had signal most of the way. Went the back roads before I hit the state line. Been all over and there are a few dead spots in the middle of utah, nevada, etc but a lot of those places don't have service anyway. Was able to get fuel prices in most area's, I think maybe one town in Utah didn't have service before I was able to get onto the interstate otherwise was pretty much no issue. They are working to expand the network out and it's only getting better from what I can see. Have drove out to Tulsa from Guthrie through cushing and had service the whole way.

In OKC you will only have some issues in certain places but they are few and far between, mainly deep inside certain buildings where most service is poor anyway. The one place I can think of that is kinda odd is inside the big building at frontier city the coverage is rough but outside it's no big deal. In Edmond at the Mercy clinics off I35 while inside coverage kinda sucks but wifi is there.

A few years ago we had 4G at home but not on the west side of Guthrie, now it's everywhere in town and beyond with no issues. Been a few years but didn't have service at the Lazy E arena unless we were in front of the building but I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't fixed now too. If you have access to WiFi their phones do work without issue but they didn't hand off to cell at all but with the VoLTE that may now be fixed. I have other stuff going on so the WiFi calling app doesn't play nice with my phone (rooted.)

We have been very happy with the service and right now have 4 cell lines (paying off three phones) and one data only line(sync up drive was a promo and only pay tax) and it's like 250 a month. Once the cells are paid off it will drop by about 80 per month. We do have the Jump program that we pay extra for but can upgrade after a phone is half paid off and it includes insurance and lookout mobile security for each line which also allows it to be installed on up to three devices per line. Each line had 2GB of internet and we never went over and we actually started when it was only 1GB each line but we slowly get upgraded for free. Just looked and each line gets 4GB except for the free one which is still 2GB so they doubled us since February for free.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been with them for over 10years. Everytime I compare, they are about the same in price as ATT. Only thing that keeps me with TMobile is the don't charge if you go over on data, where ATT does.

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We use Google's ProjecFi and are very happy with it.

It uses T-Mobile and Sprint networks. Switches between whoever has the best signal along with open WIFI. Works great.

First line: $20/m
Additional lines: $15/m
Data: 1gb = $10/m

You only pay for the data you use. We stick to 1gb each and don't sweat it if we go over every now and then. They charge you in $10 blocks but kick back what you don't use so at the end of the day it's just $1/gb.

4 lines with 1gb data each: $105/m

Billing is straight forward, no overage fees, or any of that kind of bs!

If you use a lot of data you'd just have to do the math to see if it makes sense for you.

The problem is you have to buy a Pixel. They had Nexus 6Ps and 5Xs available when I signed up so we got those pretty cheap. I assume new lower cost phones are on the way but don't really know for sure.

https://g.co/fi/r/AW44XC

Latest posts

Top Bottom