Tactacam question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’m running 4 cams but one takes 30-40 pics of nothing every day. The sensitivity is turned down already. Unless there is a bird, mouse, squirrel or something in the pics, I can’t figure out was setting it off. It’s on a trail out of the wind so I don’t think that’s it. Any suggestions?
B607E3A1-3732-45EE-8025-1C6CBB1743DD.png

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you checked the video footage? I noticed that with mine it will sometimes miss the animal, but If I request the video clip I will then see the animal walk by. Also, I had some coyote that would trigger the camera but be be on the corner of the area, like you could see his tail or something and that was it.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m running 4 cams but one takes 30-40 pics of nothing every day. The sensitivity is turned down already. Unless there is a bird, mouse, squirrel or something in the pics, I can’t figure out was setting it off. It’s on a trail out of the wind so I don’t think that’s it. Any suggestions?
View attachment 408056
I Saw Bigfoot!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it was just a few pics, I wouldn’t think anything of it. It’s taking dozens and dozens. Just counted, 40 since 10:30
I’ve got a Spartan doing the same, and I would bet yours is wind rustling grass. Unless you’re willing to mow everything behind the camera, I have no suggestions. :scratch:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
It has taken almost 100 more pics since my post at 11:57. I just got the low battery message too. It only does this from 11 am to about 3 or 4

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, I have 2 Tactacams and one of them does something similar.. What's weird it only does it for a couple of hours almost every day and only around 4-5pm. It usually only amounts to a dozen or so pics so I don't really worry about it. Other than that it works normally and fine. I thought maybe sunlight but it's mounted in a spot that gets no direct
sunlight.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom