Tactacam question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m reviving this thread. That ONE cam still takes lots of empty pics but not as many as it used to.
The other issue is on another cam. We get pics all day and night from it. But, this morning I have a spike come in. The cam takes one pic. But, he’s here for ten minutes throwing chunks of pumpkin in the air to break chunks off. He’s right under the feeder while he’s doing this.
Only got the one pic.
You did say the sensitivity was turned down.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m reviving this thread. That ONE cam still takes lots of empty pics but not as many as it used to.
The other issue is on another cam. We get pics all day and night from it. But, this morning I have a spike come in. The cam takes one pic. But, he’s here for ten minutes throwing chunks of pumpkin in the air to break chunks off. He’s right under the feeder while he’s doing this.
Only got the one pic.
I had the same issue with one cam. I could sit in the blind, watch deer at the feeder and never get a pic.
I think they are pretty senstitive to being pointed in the right direction. I moved the camera down a little so I wasn't seeing so much sky, and now every deer at the feeder is getting their pic taken.
I have another cam that is getting triggered by the sun. An anomaly in the lense? Don’t know but get a pic a minute for several hours with this orb in it.
No deer and bare ground behind it, although there is a little buck in this pic.
Probably need to reposition the camera so it's looking north vs SW.

IMG_2410.jpeg

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the same issue with one cam. I could sit in the blind, watch deer at the feeder and never get a pic.
I think they are pretty senstitive to being pointed in the right direction. I moved the camera down a little so I wasn't seeing so much sky, and now every deer at the feeder is getting their pic taken.
I have another cam that is getting triggered by the sun. An anomaly in the lense? Don’t know but get a pic a minute for several hours with this orb in it.
No deer and bare ground behind it, although there is a little buck in this pic.
Probably need to reposition the camera so it's looking north vs SW.

View attachment 433128
My one neighbor (who had my permission) had one of his cameras set up in a spot at my request last year.

Worked fine.

But on a sunny day, once the sun crested the tree tops and would shine on the camera, it would take like 1 pic every minute.

That camera had the temperature feature and you could see the sun heating the camera in the notation of the pics it was taken. Warmer than our air temps for yhe day!

There was also strange spots in the pics like yours.

Once the sun would get to a certain spot, the crazy pics would stop, and normal opration would resume!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My one neighbor (who had my permission) had one of his cameras set up in a spot at my request last year.

Worked fine.

But on a sunny day, once the sun crested the treetops and would shine on the camera, it would take like 1 pic every minute.

That camera had the temperature feature, and you could see the sun heating the camera in the notation of the pics it was taken. Warmer than our air temps for the day!

There were also strange spots in the pics like yours.

Once the sun would get to a certain spot, the crazy pics would stop, and normal operation would resume!
Must be the sun moving across the lens creating a refraction or something.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Only got the one pic.
It's taking them, just not sending them all for some reason.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had this issue and called tactacam and they recommended a new sd card and that fixed it. Works great now.
I’m probably fixing to make my first Tactacam purchase, and from what I’ve read online, they can be SD card snobs. Supposedly, Spartans are too, but out of all the ones I’ve had since 2g, I haven’t had a problem running cheap cards. :scratch:

Latest posts

Top Bottom