tailgating a motorcycle is bad.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
twist the throttle if it bugs you that bad.

Really? Your solution is "Go faster?" ?!?!

i ve had several motorcylces and have riden alot. Riders just get way more sensative when their arse hits the seat.

Not being OK with someone tailgating a motorcycle and trying to pass on the right on an offramp is "just being more sensitive?"

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would have just slammed my brakes, you made it through a school bus and learned the limits. An SUV should be no problem. You cant sue the school district for millions. Some moron in his nice SUV, you could totally look forward to moving into his house soon.

advmotoxc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ride as well and when I started riding I was told "not only do you have to pay attention to what your doing while on a bike, you have to pay attention to what other drivers are doing as well."

It is so so true...

Rajder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do that normally. I was already running 5 over posted limit and getting on exit ramp at 70 mph. I didnt really have a lot of options at that point.

First let me say that I totally in agreeance with you about the other driver being an azzhat. I also ride every day, year round, rain or shine so I know what you are talking about. People don't even begin to understand bad drivers until they spend time riding to work in rush hour traffic on a motorcycle.

But I do have to say one thing. I have owned and ridden a ton of motorcycles and I'm pretty sure there isn't a motorcycle made that has an accurate speedometer. I don't even know what type of bike you ride but it really doesn't matter. Because the one constant in the motorcycle world seems to be that every manufacturer puts a speedometer that reads faster than what you are actually doing. I've ridden every Harley model made, most Metric cruisers, and a few sport bikes and not a one of them has ever had a speedometer that was accurate. They all read fast. If your speedometer was reading 70mph it wouldn't surprise me at all if you were actually doing 64mph. I'm not saying definitely that is the case its just that it surprises me that most motorcycle riders don't realize their speedometers read faster than they are actually doing.

All that being said, your actual speed really doesn't matter. He shouldn't have tailgaited you. And you definitely handled it better than I would have. I have been known to put the bike in neutral and get off the bike to talk to a person face to face in situations like those. Luckily they don't come up very often because I ride fast enough that I pretty much never get tailgaited.

Latest posts

Top Bottom