tailgating a motorcycle is bad.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What he said. That's why we use to carry just a hand full of small rocks. Hard to prove where they came from.

Wow rocks would be so much better <<<<<sarcasm

Why can't you just not throw anything at any other motor vehicle goin 70MPH. Bolts. Rocks, etc could do a lot of damageand possibly cause collision, injury, or death. People drive stupid all day long, im not saying its right, but it's not right to come prepared with rocks or bolts just in case someone pisses you off. Do you have your ccw? I hope you show more restraint with your gun if someone pisses you off during your day! You know the risk when you ride a bike, either ride or don't ride, but don't come looking for a fight at the first person that cuts you off or tailgates, it's going to happen, if you can't handle it don't ride!

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
... and to think today I was actually daydreaming about getting a bike again.

I miss the wind in my face, the feeling of freedom, and living in the ride instead of just observing it from behind glass and metal.

I don't miss having idiots who shouldn't have a DL endangering my life on a nearly constant basis.

Kudos to you John for getting back on the horse this quickly brother! My last accident wasn't nearly as bad as yours, but I dusted my battered body off, kicked all the broken parts to the side and rode home. :)

John Zane

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Motorcycles are dangerous, but so are guns and just about everything else we enjoy. I ride because I like the feeling. I am not going to stop shooting because someone muzzles me. I will tell him to watch the muzzle. I will try to correct unsafe behavior. That is why when the tailgater stoped beside me I told him "dont tailgate motorcycles". There was not cursing until he started saying it was my "F"ing fault for going to slow. I think I handeled this the right way. Yes I was pissed but I did what I felt I should at the time. He was the one blocking the road sitting in his car telling me how it was my fault for going to slow getting on a exit ramp. He could have just drove off at any time. When he pulled off he swerved toward my bike and was a foot from my front tire. I hope that maybe I got into his head just alittle and next time he will realize that what he did was unsafe. Probably not. I have heard you cant fix stupid.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma Statutes Citationized
Title 47. Motor Vehicles
Chapter 11 - Rules of the Road
Article Article 11 - Other Rules
Section 11-1111 - Throwing or Dropping Object On or At Moving Vehicles
Cite as: O.S. §, __ __

A. No person shall willfully throw or drop any substance at a moving vehicle or any occupant thereof.

B. No person shall willfully throw or drop any object from a bridge or overpass with intent to damage any property or injure any person.

C. Any violation of subsection A or B of this section shall be deemed a felony and, upon conviction, shall be punishable by imprisonment in the Department of Corrections for a term of not more than ten (10) years, or by a fine not exceeding Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00), or by both such fine and imprisonment.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ride like everyone is trying to kill you.........Its very dangerous today. I rode from age 14 to 53 and gave it up. Too many crazies on the road. Wife was with me 90% of the time and did not want her hurt either.

I sure miss the open road.
img.photobucket.com_albums_v231_GLG20_50b2158f.jpg

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People drive like idiots these days. I gave up riding a bike after a semi wanted my lane and I had no where to go.
Now days, I am glad I drive at least 4 wheels, it is a lot safer.
I see more dumb stuff from the rice rockets then the heap-o-crap Harleys these days. My neighbor shows us daily how many
brains he has by riding a wheelie past at greater then 60 mph on a county road.
fixed. no longer bias.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are going to ride, take it for granted that you will have near misses and people not paying attention. It comes with being the smallest vehicle on the road. We are less visible and generally, people just dont pay attention. I have never thought about dropping BB's or rocks or anything else for that matter in traffic, I just move on or move away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom