Take down reloading table plans/thoughts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was hping to have some area by this fall to where I could set up a progressive loader and a dedicated loading area. Not going to happen as I have neither the time or room to do it right now.

Plan B, I have a single stage Rock Chucker and an old Lyman 5 hole turret. I figure I will get some lock rings and use the 5 hole for pistol and 5.56mm and the RC for rifle since I shoot few rifle rds anymore. I remember seeing Josh-L little table set up and thought that might be the way to go since it can be taken down and stored in a closet or against a wall. I use balance beam scales and pretty much batch load. So what do you guys think, any plans to put a cheap table together for this so I cn replinish some ammo over the winter?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I don't have plans, but I started with a Lee single stage and Lee turret, mounted to a 2x6 that is clamped to the top of a small stool. Worked for my f-i-l, and worked for me for a long time. Get a small powder dispenser, that will save an incredible amount of time. I have a Lee stand alone dispenser that is ~$20-$25 and works well. I can post some pictures of that setup tomorrow. And, being as small as it is, it is easy to set to the side when not in use.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Caseman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could you mount it to the wall with a hinge and fold it down when it's not in use. Another option is to put it together with threaded inserts and you could just unbolt enough of it to store.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I appreciate the ideas. I never thought of using the 2x6 on a stool. I have a RCBS powder and a Lee powder dispenser that are set up on stands so this might be a way there.

I willl need to put in a closet when not in use use until I get the area foing in the spring, then watch out!

44minimum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got an old wooden cabinet that someone left in my father's rental building, then I mounted casters on the bottom of it and bolted a couple of presses on the top. Whenever someone gets tired of looking at it it simply gets pushed into the closet where no one has to look at it.

Spiff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got one of these that I'm using right now. Ideal? No, but definitely portable. It works - I move a bunch and never have an abundance of space. I can drag it out in the middle of the living room and load, then drag it back over by the wall out of the way when I'm done. Works surprisingly well.

I've got it disassembled and in a box with all my reloading stuff since I'm back in the dorms at college. Rockchucker and Redding powder measure stay attached to the tabletop the whole time. Wish I had a pic of it for you.

jcbarlow

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got one of these that I'm using right now. Ideal? No, but definitely portable. It works - I move a bunch and never have an abundance of space. I can drag it out in the middle of the living room and load, then drag it back over by the wall out of the way when I'm done. Works surprisingly well.

I've got it disassembled and in a box with all my reloading stuff since I'm back in the dorms at college. Rockchucker and Redding powder measure stay attached to the tabletop the whole time. Wish I had a pic of it for you.

It says that the top is hard plastic, does that hold up ok for you? I have been thinking about buying one of these but people put some mixed reviews on midways site. Sorry not trying to hijack anyones thread.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might consider a Black and Decker Workmate for a portable bench.

That's what I use. The cheapie xm125 is what I have. I added a solid plywood layer held on with bolts and wing nuts and mounted a Lyman T-Mag loader and an old Pacific powder measure. It's real solid.

To keep from jarring the scales I put the scales and the loading blocks on a separate folding table. All gets real small if I need the space for something else. Will post a pic when I get the chance. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom