Talimena drive foliage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is all OHHH's and Ahh's until ya ruin the moment with a Chevy pic, have to go gargle now, puked in my mouth a little!!!:fullauto::cool:

J/K Chevy looks nice as well!!

Lol. Thanks.

Oh, but okierider isn't alone....

....but, to each his own. Otherwise, nice pictures. I went down around Turner Falls for a little color and to get pictures of the falls area with leaves still on the trees. The only other time I had been there, it was in February and there were no leaves at all. Also went over around Sulphur and Lake of the Arbuckles.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was at Greer's Ferry a couple weeks back at it was a nice ride.Hope to make a ride over to Mena soon.

Beautiful lake. We fished the little red river below the dam and boated the lake. Interesting part of history there as well. President JF Kennedy dedicated that dam, and then went to Dallas. He was assassinated the next day.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some more areas to consider in the future, as we did it in 2008. We drove up to Tulsa, across Highway 412 towards Springdale, Arkansas. (Stopped at Natural Falls State Park on that leg.) Then we caught Highway 71 in Arkansas and drove down to Mena. Then we did the Talimena drive the next day. I just can't remember if we just spent the one night in a hotel or if we did two. One, I think, near Fort Smith.

That photo is from that trip along Highway 71.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This past weekend, we drove to Ft Smith, Bentonville, north to Branson, then back south on Hwy 7 through Jasper and Russelville, before heading back to OKC. The foliage was very nice, and I would think this weekend would probably be at its peak. Great views!

Latest posts

Top Bottom