Talimena drive...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
,BUT you are out there all alone like so be carefull..
City boy.

I grew up down there before the Talimena drive existed. The Runestone was called 'Rattlesnake Den' by the kids until a neighbor, Gloria Farley discovered it. The state park was just a place that teenagers parked. Great times!

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agree. It a favorite place. Also, it's where the last two state record Bass have come from. The wife and I are camping at Natural Falls in about a week and the at Beavers Bend and Cedar Lake in November.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prob too early. With normal weather it's usually about 2-3 weeks after south central Colorado, which is at its peak right now. Have friends in Silverton and Lake City sending some great pics.
Can you post a few? Nothing better than aspens in the fall!

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody been down the Talimena drive lately? Have all the leaves turned yet? Most foliage is still green at my place. Mrs. GED and I thought about going this afternoon, but not if everything is still green.
Frost is what causes leaves to turn I think? It's a short window from when leaves die and when the wind, and rain, strip the trees. I know some states issue fall color updates. Virginia, and Tennessee, do, I don't know if Oklahoma or Arkansas do this or not. Check with the state tourism dept.

Latest posts

Top Bottom