Taurus PT 1911 review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I need to revise my services list to add:

"US equivalent trigger job"

What do they have amazonian natives hone the engagement surfaces with brazil nuts?

I'm killing myself here.:rollingla

Again, I'm not making fun of the gun, of Taurus, or of Taurus owners; just some nimwad that's in their marketing dept.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I need to revise my services list to add:

"US equivalent trigger job"

What do they have amazonian natives hone the engagement surfaces with brazil nuts?

I'm killing myself here.:rollingla

Again, I'm not making fun of the gun, of Taurus, or of Taurus owners; just some nimwad that's in their marketing dept.

Have you ever shot one?? I have and it had a good trigger,was accurate and went bang every time I pulled the trigger,completely unlike the POS Kimber Tactical Elite I had.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Have you ever shot one?? I have and it had a good trigger,was accurate and went bang every time I pulled the trigger,completely unlike the POS Kimber Tactical Elite I had.

Yes, Ive shot about 10 different taurus 1911s in the last 2-3 years. Also Ive had them completely stripped down in front of me. I do have some basis for my comments.

Im biased, though, in that I dont usually see guns that are in tip top shape at the lower end of the $ spectrum.

Like I said, the taurus isnt a bad gun, its just not what they say it is.

Kimbers impressed me with the consistency of their recent guns, say those made in the last year or two.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Over on Taurusarmed.net a few years ago one of the guys over there made a poll because he thought the safety issue was overblown. It backfired because well over 40% of the participants had either the ambi safety break off or fall out. The mods shut down the poll and eventually it was deleted because it caused so much arguing. Also, one of the guys on the 1911forum did a review on one of these early on, back when they were $400ish, only to have the ejector posts shear off in the frame.

Personally, I won't buy any 1911 that has a hammer lock on it that has reports of failure.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one as my first 1911 and I will admit, it shot great, never once jammed on me and nothing broke off of it. Shot well over 1000 rds through it, sold it to a friend of mine, he's probably put close to a 1000 rds through it and it is still in once piece, we strip it down everytime and never find any defects. Maybe I got lucky and got a needle in a hay stack but what can I say, I was very satisfied with the way it performed. He's pretty happy with it as well.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Over on Taurusarmed.net a few years ago one of the guys over there made a poll because he thought the safety issue was overblown. It backfired because well over 40% of the participants had either the ambi safety break off or fall out. The mods shut down the poll and eventually it was deleted because it caused so much arguing. Also, one of the guys on the 1911forum did a review on one of these early on, back when they were $400ish, only to have the ejector posts shear off in the frame.

Personally, I won't buy any 1911 that has a hammer lock on it that has reports of failure.

I had the slide lock lever break and fall off while I was shooting my S&W 1911 PD.I think all the "production mfg." probably use levers made from pot metal(probably from China).

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I do know that kimber does their MIM stuff in house. I think thats a fairly recent thing, and it may be the reason for the improvement I see in their 1911 lineup.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I do know that kimber does their MIM stuff in house. I think thats a fairly recent thing, and it may be the reason for the improvement I see in their 1911 lineup.

As far as I understand, Kimber was kind of a pioneer into MIM on firearms. I could be very wrong, but that was my understanding. I also remember reading about their use of MIM at least 5 years ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom