taurus VS. rock island?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ria,sti, spartan, springfield or even an auto ordnance or any other true 1911 clone, you can walk into just about any gunsmith shop or gunshow in the country and buy replacement parts for it and put them in yourself.
A Taurus you have to send off for repair.

xSMOKExLESSxCRACKx

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ria,sti, spartan, springfield or even an auto ordnance or any other true 1911 clone, you can walk into just about any gunsmith shop or gunshow in the country and buy replacement parts for it and put them in yourself.

Wait a minute. Short of the lock, isn't the Taurus compatible with other 1911s? :scratch:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The Taurus is just as much of a clone as the others. In general, most 1911 parts are not drop-in regardless of make.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Wrong, just like any of the others you mentioned wilsons makes parts that fit them.

Wait a minute. Short of the lock, isn't the Taurus compatible with other 1911s? :scratch:

Correct, taurus uses the colt series 80 fifring pin safety design. To remedy the hammer lock junk you can replace the hammer and strut.

The Taurus is just as much of a clone as the others. In general, most 1911 parts are not drop-in regardless of make.

Correct.

Roarak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If i were buying a new sub $700 1911 today, i think i would go with a STI Spartan. I have heard nothing but great things. Its a steal for the price.

SA then RIA after that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom