Tell me about Beretta 92s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Like Hargrove, I too am retired military who had always prefered the 1911, but had no choice but to take on the M9, and even though I still want the 1911 back, the M9 is a good pistol!

Owlcreekok

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was issued one when they first came out in 1985. I was in the AF and up till then we were carrying S&W model 15 .38's with ball ammo. It was a welcome replacement over the .38.

:blush: Nothing against the 92, but I would trade two of them for ONE S&W 15.

Call me a luddite and I will smile and say, :thanku:

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 92A1 is built heavier, and has a recoil buffer. I like the decocker and full double action trigger pull on the 1st round, too.

Edit: I don't the fact that I can't easily drop the firing pin and punch the firing pin channel. Anymore these days, one has to go to a striker fired pistol in order to easily access this critical area.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 92A1 is built heavier, and has a recoil buffer. I like the decocker and full double action trigger pull on the 1st round, too.

Edit: I don't the fact that I can't easily drop the firing pin and punch the firing pin channel. Anymore these days, one has to go to a striker fired pistol in order to easily access this critical area.

Aww now Junior, it's not that hard to do with a 1911; especially a series 70 type. Gives one a chance to clean out the ejector channel too. You knew that though and I'm betting you was just funnin' us some. I like cleaning those often neglected areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadJimFlynt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a 92SB in the early '80s after I got out of the Marines and before joining the Army. I liked the 1911 but I really liked the DA/SA trigger of 92SB and I could shoot it well. I carried the M9 throughout my 28 years in the Army and it served me well through two deployments to Afghanistan. The only complaint I have with the 92/M9 is that the front sight is integral to the slide and not removable. I still have my 92SB and shoot it on occasion but it is a Glock that I use now for concealed carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom