Tell me about these torrents

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Postin' bout breaking the law ITT

Just because an illegal activity can be assumed as being the reason to take a certain action doesn't mean the action itself is illegal. (There are a few exceptions in our stupid drug laws.)

World of Warcraft players HATE ISP's who block or throttle the bittorrent protocol.

Torrents and downloading torrents is not illegal. Sharing and downloading copyrighted material is illegal, but just because something is downloaded as a torrent doesn't mean that it is illegal.

This.

Watch out for viruses. Good way to introduce them into your computer.

And definitely this. Always run a direct file scan prior to opening the downloaded file.

Now, if you're talking about torrent-style streaming, then there is also TVants, SOPcast, or Stream Torrent.

Use at your own risk, and don't do anything illegal.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watch out for viruses. Good way to introduce them into your computer.

This isn't really a big deal unless you're downloading warez.

I guess if someone found a vulnerability in Windows Media Player or Quicktime or something they could try to inject something into a movie, but exploiting that and having the movie still play would be difficult at best I think.

I'd just like to say that I don't disapprove of illegal filesharing but I think discussing it in an open forum opens you to needless risk. OP take note.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have found that VUZE is less glitchy and has a better interface than utorrent, and I use isohunt to search for torrents...follow lumps directions when you decide what to use

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Something that has saved me a TON of money over the past decade or so.

If you mean saving a ton of money by engaging in piracy, just wait until you receive your bill after the lawsuit.

Although... based on their IRS filings the RIAA isn't really that good at collecting...

Latest posts

Top Bottom