Tell us about your time at the Wanenmacher's Tulsa Arms Show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went on Sat. 10 to 5 found several thing I was going to buy until I found a gun I have looked for for years and spent all my cash plus some. 1951 Beretta 949 Olympic target pistol. Very limited production in the 50's and had some success in the Olympics details are hard to come by. It was more than I would have normal spent but it was made in the year of my birth. By the way when I was at the front of the show emptying out the ATM there was a gunshot that sounded like a 22 at the check in area, anyone else hear it or know details?

i65.tinypic.com_2zqyk9j.jpg

That thing is awesome...
I've had one for sale in the classifieds for a while. Still have it...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2 different people told me about it ! I need to contact TCSO and offer a discount on my safety classes !!!
I took a pre WWII German pistol over there once for an evaluation from the experts that display German guns, etc.
The deputy at the door had no clue how to work the action, and asked me to show a clear chamber which I did and was handed the gun back after it was zip tied.
There are so many variants of guns out there that nobody can be expected to know how each of them works and functions.
I don't envy their job in one way, but in another way do envy them for getting to handle so many different platforms coming in the door.
The jerk that brought it in loaded deserves some weekend time in the slammer for being so stupid if that is what happened.
I guess we will hear the full story in time.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An eyewitness told me the security guard shot the tip of his finger off and the bullet lodged in the customers leg. Thank god it was a 22 and not something larger.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't understand why people bringing in guns at the door don't present them with chambers clear and actions locked open for safe inspection. I make it a point to do so when I hand someone a firearm.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It wouldn't be necessary for deputies to clear firearms if people were smart enough to remember "No Loaded Firearms" means NO LOADED GUNS! As in, leave the ammo in the car, for God's sake. To be honest, I used to think this was a stupid rule. Not any more.

How hard is this? I got muzzle swept at least twice by the same dude in the span of 2 minutes. And not a vendor, not LEO, just some jackass looking at a gun. This isn't difficult.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't understand why people bringing in guns at the door don't present them with chambers clear and actions locked open for safe inspection. I make it a point to do so when I hand someone a firearm.
Some guns don't lock to the rear and don't have the ability to do so. My German Bergman Einhand pistol doesn't.
The German Luger doesn't even need the trigger assembly or lower. It can be fired by the barrel mechanism only. Saw it done at the wilshire range one day. Some allied soldiers paid the price for not knowing that. According to the guy at Wilshire, (not an employee) the barrel assembly would be "stored in the REAR pocket" to say it nicely, and be retrieved in an escape attempt. One shot.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Never heard of them in my time.
More explanation?
Barrels full of sand that are positioned at entrances to Dining facilities and other areas that weapons need to be cleared. Drop the Mag, clear the round and dry fire into the hole cut in the top of the barrel. I first say then in 1995 and they continue to be used in Iraq and Afghanistan to this day.
upload_2017-4-2_22-32-29.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom