The Beard Has left the building

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel bad for him. I mean, he went to the rockets. so much for playoffs/championship chances.

Ehhhh ... he wanted out because his rapper girlfriend found OKC boring (can't say that I disagree with her when you compare us to places like NYC and LA, but I digress :wink2:) ... Be careful what you wish for ... LOL

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ehhhh ... he wanted out because his rapper girlfriend found OKC boring (can't say that I disagree with her when you compare us to places like NYC and LA, but I digress :wink2:) ... Be careful what you wish for ... LOL

No kidding...yeah, he's going to make an extra $1M+ a year over what OKC was offering...but it's Houston. That city is miserable.

I'm really shocked he bailed for $4.5M when the rest of his teammates reportedly took less than market offers in order to keep the team competitive. Big league sports for sure...there is no I in TEAM, but there is a Me.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sam Presti is one smart cookie. Kevin Martin's stats beat Harden's in every category. And those extra 1st round picks will come in very handy.

Soon, very soon, James Harden will regret demanding that max contract. (Probably as he's watching the playoffs on TV.) I'll miss Harden's personality, but the Thunder will do just fine here.

saltydecimator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
he was kinda undependable in hte playoffs, saw him drive the lane and throw the ball in the stands numerous times....

he was the first guy drafted though, and i felt like he added a lot, other than the bs finals when hte refs (and whoever else) gave the (s)heat the title... whatevs

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sam Presti is one smart cookie and the Thunder will do just fine here.
He has done an amazing job so far. When Green, Krstić and others were traded there were moans from the Thunder fans but the trades proved to be the best move for OKC . Only time will tell if the current trades will be good for the Thunder or not .

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He was never that much of an asset - he was a trouble-maker on the court (he was our Kobe - he loved getting away with playing dirty and causing the other guy to retaliate and I've never much respected that style of player).

He was a great 3-point shooter and great off-the-bench player, but his ego was too big for his own good. He left not because OKC didn't want him, but because you don't get your face on cereal boxes and your own shoe-line if you're the 5th best player on the team. I don't see him doing as well as a starter.

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ibaka got 4 years 48 million, Harden doesn't start and he wanted 60 million for 4 years. Oh well he didn't care to much about championships or the team if he let 4.5 million over 4 years keep him from signing. I think Martin will be ok, and the Uconn rookie averaged 20ppg in the NBA summer league, then a least 1 lottery pick in the next draft, plus another 1st round and then a 2nd pick. I think the Thunder will come out shining like a diamond in a goats butt!!!

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Harden was invisible offensively during the Miami series. His defensive skills are non existence. 50 million for a guy who disappeared during the finals is too much money anyway. He had his moments of brilliance but he wilted during the finals so its no biggie to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom