Thunder Stadium Vote

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Edit: didn't realize they were covered now. We sat in the ice storm in the late 80's, covered in trash bags. Very few left the uncovered stadium before the last play.
Arrowhead is still an open stadium.

1702440898891.png

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Arrowhead is still an open stadium.

View attachment 436874
I guess I miss read one of the earlier posts. We sat about midway up on the 50 yard line, left side.
The audio system in that open stadium is amazing. You can hear every word from the announcer and the entertainment vs the old Texas stadium where it all sounded like mush coming over the speakers.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I miss read one of the earlier posts. We sat about midway up on the 50 yard line, left side.
The audio system in that open stadium is amazing. You can hear every word from the announcer and the entertainment vs the old Texas stadium where it all sounded like mush coming over the speakers.
I know how they do that. I worked for Ford a few months but I couldn't keep up with their 20 year olds. In fact, I helped install that great big OU video and audio display a few years ago.

That job liked to have killed my ass. It was during the summer, the elevator was not even installed yet and I had to hump all the wiring and scaffolding and ladders up those steps on the east side of the south end.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We lived there when Arrowhead was new. My dad said they claimed there wasn't a bad seat in the stadium, and he thought they were right.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lastly, they moved from Washington state to here, what other states would welcome them after this, they have a reputation for no commitments. Many fans will leave and to get people to watch them with a new name it will cost them a fortune.
On a side note Seattle just completed the upgrades on the stadium that we voted for with the promise the Sonics would stay...

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Happy for everyone who wanted it. Sorry for everyone who didn’t.

I’ve actually never been in the current arena or been to a NBA game. An organization I’m associated with has a luxury suite there that has been offered to me many times. Maybe some day I’ll go just so I can say I’ve been.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Happy for everyone who wanted it. Sorry for everyone who didn’t.

I’ve actually never been in the current arena or been to a NBA game. An organization I’m associated with has a luxury suite there that has been offered to me many times. Maybe some day I’ll go just so I can say I’ve been.

My firm has season tickets and we can go one or two times a year. I used to. I decline now. I have no interest in contributing to an American hating org.

Latest posts

Top Bottom