Thunder Stadium Vote

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It needs to be moved from the inner city. Way away from walking distance of where the highest crime rate is located.
The people that have invested heavily in Bricktown won't let that happen. I think the Thunder and Bricktown need each other. Our mayor, the Thunder, and Bricktown are all one, all the eggs are in one basket.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I just read the definition of Democrat.
Not EVEN a Democrat, conservative in all areas especially financial and very concerned about the waste in government spending. Democrats spend, haven't you seen that? Then they tax to cover their excesses. There is nothing wrong with helping the poor get on theri feet by training or schooling. As it is, they are on generational welfare and crime is an issue due to so much free time.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
71% favorable is a pretty big approval. Yes, I know, low turnout. But by not voting, they voted in favor.

I want to see our city continue to improve, and attract new businesses and such, so overall, I am happy with the proposal.

I don’t like taxes, but without them nothing can improve. The concept of extending a sales tax that is about to expire works well. I didn’t notice it when it first started, and will continue to not notice it.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So was it mail in ballots, drop off box stuffing, or voting machine tampering?
You misspelled apathy.

Their solution to bad roads is for larger trucks/suvs to become more popular and to be pushed by the auto mfrs. Can't feel pot holes if you have 33s and 10in of suspension travel.

The masses (very few of which are on this forum) decide which way the wind blows and the masses like big shiny things, not paying less taxes, and having very mainstream views about consumerism and the economy.

In the grand scheme of things, OSA is a nuthouse of people with fringe ideas who are not in touch with reality.
Spot on. I'd much rather drive a GT car. I don't for this exact reason. :(

71% favorable is a pretty big approval. Yes, I know, low turnout. But by not voting, they voted in favor.

I want to see our city continue to improve, and attract new businesses and such, so overall, I am happy with the proposal.

I don’t like taxes, but without them nothing can improve. The concept of extending a sales tax that is about to expire works well. I didn’t notice it when it first started, and will continue to not notice it.
That's because the people motivated to keep giving to the NBA got out and voted in a very off election. Those who didn't see an increased burden, didn't. Extended burdens are easier to ignore.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or maybe we are the ones that are wrong, and more people wanted the improvements to continue.

And they saw this as the way to keep that going. I voted no, but I can certainly see their side also.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My firm has season tickets and we can go one or two times a year. I used to. I decline now. I have no interest in contributing to an American hating org.
There may be exceptions in the NBA, but in the Thunder arena, there is an invocation led by a local clergy, followed by a respectful presentation of the National Anthem. No one kneels and most have their hand over their heart. Just sayin' There is a good culture within the Thunder organization. JME.

Latest posts

Top Bottom