The Best and Worst Places to Survive the Zombie Apocalypse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you live in constant fear of the impending zombie apocalypse? No? Well, with The Walking Dead wrapping up its season, it's literally all we can think about. We know how Rick and the gang are faring in Georgia (terribly) but how would survivors in other states cope

Hopper.com has created a data set to rank each state's survivability using a few key metrics: gun ownership (to kill the zombies, duh), number of Walmart stores and hospitals for supplies, number of military bases for protection from the zombie hordes, population density and number of urban centers (lower the better, because you don't want all of New York chasing you) and terrain, with mountainous states receiving a boost.

1. Texas with a survivability score of 67

2. Georgia with a survivability score of 65.25

3. California with a survivability score of 65

4. North Carolina with a survivability score of 62

5. Virginia with a survivability score of 61

The reason behind the ratings for each state are listed in the article. But I still find it hard to believe Calf. ranked so high.

Complete article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/hoppe...6956.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-news&ir=Weird News

cusm

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a crap article, basing it in fun stores, not gun ownership. And the map shows most of Oklahoma bloodier than LA, Houston or Dallas?

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Netherlands would be the best place to survive.
2.bp.blogspot.com__7EOHY8jVnrc_ToRNUx68AKI_AAAAAAAADBQ_nAYQuw9Oyio_s1600_Naarden_Star_Fort_15.jpg

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't buy Texas being number one. They can't keep the illegals out as it is, how are they going to stop a zombie horde of illegals?

Obviously at that point the whole legal/illegal thing gets a bit blurry but then getting your brains eaten by a zombie wearing a sombrero is just embarrassing and you just know they are going to put jalapeños on it first which adds insult to injury.

I'll hide somewhere like New York where the people are pasty weaklings that are going to evolve into pasty, and only marginally stronger zombies. I will of course bring my own guns since the good people of the big apple have traded their testicles in for the promise of complete protection by the city's citizen protection agents, aka the police.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be insulted if I wasn't consumed as a tasty habanero Mexican dish, or perhaps a smoldering Indian curry.....
With some of the posts I've been reading the last few days, the Zombie Apocolypse shouldn't be a problem, really. Just classify zombies as 2nd class minorities, and evil white folks will prevent them from doing anything!

Latest posts

Top Bottom