The Closing of OSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I find it funny how someone can act is if we are immoral for loving guns while they are typically for things like abortion and suppression of all things Christian.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just goes to prove that not everyone considered a gun hating liberal is a gun hater. I, for one, am often considered "liberal" and on many subjects I am. However, I've never been one for following any groups, right or left, complete dogma. Even if I were not a gun lover, which I am, I would respect the sanctity of the second amendment. The second amendment, nor any amendment, is open to personal opinion or interpretation. It is what it is because the founders of this country had just lived through the reasons for them. It wasn't a hypothetical situation for them, they lived it. They saw the results of unarmed citizens being ruled by a tyrannical government. They experienced life where simply expressing your opinion about someone in power resulted in prison or death. When our forefathers wrote our amendments it was to protect our citizens from their own country which also ensures a government that isn't given the opportunity to become tyrannical.

These were some pretty smart guys who drew their knowledge and wisdom from actual life experience. Today, because of our constitution, we have not had to experience these same horrible things. Perhaps we've reached a time where enough people have forgotten why our constitution says what it says. These people believe that things have changed, that we've progressed to a point where those archaic laws are no longer relevant. They believe our society has evolved to an elevation that should be allowed to change our constitution to reflect a more modern America.

They are wrong, they are the reason we should, with a bitter ferocity, protect our constitution. They and their more "modern" sensibilities are exactly the kind of mentality our constitution was written to protect us from. They come not in the form of a modern enemy but as a fellow citizen. They work to undermine our government not with bullets or bombs but with lies and deception. They are as much an enemy of the United States any foe, recognized or concealed. Yes, I'm a liberal, a proud liberal, but I'm also a patriot and I love my country. I firmly believe in my constitution and it's meaning. While the term liberal is almost always associated with being anti-second amendment I can assure you that simply is not the case. Should the time ever come where citizens are forced to protect their government from their government, my line in the sand is drawn and it has nothing to do with my personal social values.

Latest posts

Top Bottom