The fence in the middle of the interstate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmm back in the day when i would have my vehicles inspected all they checked was to make sure they came on and nothing else
They would check that all of the emissions equipment was hooked up, all the lights worked, the horn sounded, and cracks in the windshield weren’t in the driver’s line of sight, but that was about it.

Towards the end it was getting hard to find stations that would do the inspections—if they made a mistake, there were huge fines, and it took a heck of a lot of those $5 inspections to make up for one fine.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Down here we didnt care about the emissions, heck i even had several that i removed the converter and installed a pipe in its place. I know if a car came from the city or tulsa they couldnt inspect them due to them not being able to do the emission inspections

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is the purpose of lifted pickups? You don't see many on used car lots. Maybe they're useful during a flood or off-roading? I do know that if one plows into your car that you can expect massive damage in many aspects. I never could figure out why someone would want a step ladder to get into their pickup. Just thinking out loud... I'd fall out and break my neck.
The truck I bought had sat on the lot and was one of the last 3 2017 models they had in 2018. So they added the lift kit to them at the dealership. Honestly, I liked the look and that was one of the main reasons I bought it.

It's come in handy driving through snow and slick/muddy dirt roads.

It's got running boards along the side . . . so nobody needs a step ladder to get in.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Down here we didnt care about the emissions, heck i even had several that i removed the converter and installed a pipe in its place. I know if a car came from the city or tulsa they couldnt inspect them due to them not being able to do the emission inspections
I never had them actually test emissions, they just visually checked that the equipment under the hood was hooked up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is the purpose of lifted pickups? You don't see many on used car lots. Maybe they're useful during a flood or off-roading? I do know that if one plows into your car that you can expect massive damage in many aspects. I never could figure out why someone would want a step ladder to get into their pickup. Just thinking out loud... I'd fall out and break my neck.
My F-250 4X4 has a 3” lift out of the factory for ground clearance when off-road. Full set of skid plates underneath for when it really gets rough.
Some of us don’t just drive on city streets.

IMG_0515.jpeg

IMG_0512.jpeg

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Applies to almost all vehicles. Even factory vehicles do not have their headlights aimed or focused. Theres a big push to make it mandatory because the headlights are focused off the vehicle at the headlight mfr. Downside to not having vehicle safety inspections because that was one of the items checked.
You must have had a lot more dedicated inspectors than I've ever seen. Headlights could be pointed at the sky as long as they worked.

The way safety inspections were done was a joke for everyone involved. I worked at a station in high school and college. A few people expected like a 2 hour inspection of everything on their vehicle for $5 (college professors usually). Another group would get pissed when failing because of a brake light or slick tire etc and threaten to take their business elsewhere.

For the gas station inspections were a terrible use of time.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you “plow” into a “lifted pickup” with ‘YOUR’ car, the owner of the lifted pickup can also expect “massive damage” to his/her vehicle…..

Latest posts

Top Bottom