Eclipse traffic question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gonna head to the Texoma lake house Friday night and make our way 70 miles to Hugo Monday early morning and return around dinner time. Hope to lessen traffic issues as much as possible by allowing plenty of time before & after.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We’re launching our boat at 6am in Texas in the totality zone. We plan on leaving around 1am Monday morning. Could it be a complete disaster. Possibly! We could sit on the ramp or in traffic for an unknown amount of time. I’ll have my 2m/70cm radios with us for communication. If there really will be 100,000 plus additional people in each county the cell towers will be overwhelmed.

We’re hauling extra food and diesel for the truck just in case.

We’ll see what happens!

What lake are you boating on?

My family and I had a reservation for a VRBO on Lake Tawakoni until the owners moved my dates and claimed the place was never actually available when I booked it. I had the reservation for the last 10 months and they only “discovered” it was double-booked 3 weeks ago.

So now we’re staying at a hotel in Dallas.

Interestingly enough, the 2045 total solar eclipse will pass directly through the heart of Oklahoma.

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/map/2045-august-12

zackmac26

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Going to be in Tulsa for the Wanenmacher Show, then driving to just outside of Dallas on Sunday to watch the eclipse from my sister’s house. Probably a horrible idea, but whoever scheduled the eclipse forgot to take into account my other plans ;)

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not really willing to book a stay or anything, but I might be willing to make a long day of driving for it. What does everyone expect on I40 the day of? I'm kind of envisioning going to ft smith and then angling SE on some smaller road to get to get somewhere within 25 miles of the centerline. Reasonable or not likely to happen? Other option is to stay where I am and experience 92%.

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My sister in-law booked a hotel in Broken Bow for the night before, but then decided to go hiking in Arkansas in the path instead so we are going to take their room. We will pack an ice chest and have a full tank of gas when we get there. Have to look where Broken Bow falls in the path....hopefully we won't have to travel too far from the hotel to see it before quickly trying to hit the road home.

Latest posts

Top Bottom