Eclipse traffic question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you look at the prices? Wow! He is doing good. We have watched him from his beginnings.
Are those from the first or second round? The first round sold out so fast and there was so much demand that he opened up another field that he hadn’t planned on using. Those second round slots were more expensive because he has to do more work to make those slots ready to use.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know if that’ll be true in all of the counties in the path of totality; Boerne is in Kendall County, just northwest of San Antonio, so that proximity may play into the county’s estimates.
I sure hope not but we’re going to be prepared either way. I just hope I can get the boat on the water! I don’t think the drive down will be bad. Normally it’s 3.5hrs, but we’ll see what happens. The drive back might be a different story. I’ve read about some traffic horror stories from past solar eclipse 100% totality areas. Apparently this is the last one until 2044. We’ll see what happens.

Apparently McCurtian County is expecting 100k plus in the area of Broken Bow starting Sunday evening through Monday.

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apparently McCurtian County is expecting 100k plus in the area of Broken Bow starting Sunday evening through Monday.
That's a bunch of people--it's about the kind of crowd Norman sees on OU home football game days. It's not as bad as it used to be, but Norman has built out the infrastructure to better be able to handle it. I can't imagine trying to deal with those kinds of crowds in Idabel.

At any rate, I hope you have a smooth trip and an awesome time.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a bunch of people--it's about the kind of crowd Norman sees on OU home football game days. It's not as bad as it used to be, but Norman has built out the infrastructure to better be able to handle it. I can't imagine trying to deal with those kinds of crowds in Idabel.

At any rate, I hope you have a smooth trip and an awesome time.
yep, all 2 lane highways. Its going to be a schit show for sure.
Anyone who tries to find backroads will end up too close to an illegal grow and be shot more than likely. Them SE boys (hillbillies) do not like out of towners.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_2173.png

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yep, all 2 lane highways. Its going to be a schit show for sure.
Anyone who tries to find backroads will end up too close to an illegal grow and be shot more than likely. Them SE boys (hillbillies) do not like out of towners.

That’s exactly why we’re heading south down I35. We would rather be stuck in 3 lanes of traffic with a service road than to be stuck on a twisty 2 lane highway with no spots to exit or turn around. Not to mention the potential cell service issue in that area with unknown traffic conditions. We’ll head back west and shoot north if needed to get back to Oklahoma from Texas.

McCurtain County has already declared an emergency for the upcoming event.

Latest posts

Top Bottom