The future of imported ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious what people thought about the future of imported ammo?

I think with time, domestic ammo such as .223 will come back down closer to where it was before the rush, even if there is a ban.

What I'm curious is whether or not people think that there will ever be an ammo import ban? 7.62 x 39, and 7.64 x 54R are not cheap domestic ammos, but because of all the Russian ammo that gets important these calibers are some of the cheapest to shoot.

I like shooting my Mosin Nagant, but not if I have to pay domestic hunting round prices to shoot it.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first assault weapons ban was done by George HW Bush. He used executive order to ban imported assault rifles. I would hate to see Obama find a way to stop imported ammo without having congressional approval.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's what I've been preaching on here and other forums for quite some time. And it's why I've tried to lay in a pretty good stock of steel case imports. I've been poo-pooed, and people say, "oh, they won't ban the importation of guns or ammo from Russia. I can't see them doing that." They already did it with China in '94, so it's not like they don't already have a track record.

"Why does anyone need 7.62x39? It's a caliber designed for military use, and primarily used only in military assault weapons. There are better calibers to hunt with; let's quit importing this ammunition designed only for killing people". Easy argument for the idiots to make, and I'm surprised it hasn't already been trotted out.

It's coming, and cjjtulsa has warned you. Stock up while you can still get it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom