The GOP strikes again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I truly think the guy genuinely wants to take care of Veterans. I’m not a huge fan of him myself but I do think he is pro veteran.
That’s definitely the impression I’ve gotten from him too. He’s pretty passionate about it. In his process of making that Apple TV show one of the burn pit vets he had on there died from burn pit complications. I think he’s more along the lines of wanting something done in government, no matter the cost or extra pork associated.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think he’s more along the lines of wanting something done in government, no matter the cost or extra pork associated.
If he is that passionate about Veterans, he should also be fervently against the misuse of pork in the bill by demonrats, yet he remains silent on that subject.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
If he is that passionate about Veterans, he should also be fervently against the misuse of pork in the bill by demonrats, yet he remains silent on that subject.
Im not seeing how those things are tied together necessarily. That would be like saying your owning of a Ford means you support .gov bailouts for big companies and the motor industries new green agenda, for example. Just because someone does or doesn’t do one thing, doesn’t mean they’re whatever someone assumes they are.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im not seeing how those things are tied together necessarily. That would be like saying your owning of a Ford means you support .gov bailouts for big companies and the motor industries new green agenda, for example. Just because someone does or doesn’t do one thing, doesn’t mean they’re whatever someone assumes they are.
Perhaps I worded that wrong but I don't think so.
Bills concerning Veteran health care should be one vote one issue, but the demonrats and republicans attach pork to those bills which dilutes the money that should be allocated to the care of vets.
It looks like cazillions of bucks are going to vets on a false front in the media when the majority of the money in the bills go to pork projects that are mostly boondoggles.
CNN announces 27 billion dollars to vets in new bill over burn pits. (hypothetically)
In reality, a couple billion goes to the vets and the rest to boondoggles and political allies as payoffs for election support, and the bill passes. (hypothetically) It hasn't in reality.
John Stewart should be as mad about that as he is that the government is trying to deny health care to vets that are suffering life threatening issues.
I know I am as hundreds of thousands of vets from my era suffered from agent orange until the government let most of them die before admitting there was an issue.
The same exact scenario that happened with the Atomic Vets in the 50's and 60's.
I'm glad our legislators voted against it. The bill will go back to committee and be worked on again hopefully with less pork although it can never be totally eliminated in the current way congress works.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perhaps I worded that wrong but I don't think so.
Bills concerning Veteran health care should be one vote one issue, but the demonrats and republicans attach pork to those bills which dilutes the money that should be allocated to the care of vets.
It looks like cazillions of bucks are going to vets on a false front in the media when the majority of the money in the bills go to pork projects that are mostly boondoggles.
CNN announces 27 billion dollars to vets in new bill over burn pits. (hypothetically)
In reality, a couple billion goes to the vets and the rest to boondoggles and political allies as payoffs for election support, and the bill passes. (hypothetically) It hasn't in reality.
John Stewart should be as mad about that as he is that the government is trying to deny health care to vets that are suffering life threatening issues.
I know I am as hundreds of thousands of vets from my era suffered from agent orange until the government let most of them die before admitting there was an issue.
The same exact scenario that happened with the Atomic Vets in the 50's and 60's.
I'm glad our legislators voted against it. The bill will go back to committee and be worked on again hopefully with less pork although it can never be totally eliminated in the current way congress works.
I think the whole bill thing where we just bankroll a whole bunch of crap together is a crappy way to run the country. Each thing needs its own vote. I’m hoping I can one day get the care you guys have been needing for all these years. I’ve managed to snag up a few minor symptoms from burn pits. The VA won’t acknowledge it’s what caused it, just that I have said symptoms.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get your point but all of the existing auto companies took government bailouts under Obamanation except Ford. Let’s get that point straight. That’s why I am a Ford man now and no longer a Chevy.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get your point but all of the existing auto companies took government bailouts under Obamanation except Ford. Let’s get that point straight. That’s why I am a Ford man now and no longer a Chevy.

Except they did...

It's true Ford didn't get a loan from TARP funds like GM ($13.4B including $6B to GMAC) and Chrysler ($4B) did. Ford got $6B in low-cost loans under the TALF in exchange for fast-tracking the development of "greener" vehicles...which won favor with the Obama administration. Oh, yeah...Ford Credit also borrowed $15.9B.

Latest posts

Top Bottom