The Left and Islam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SdoubleA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, I think it was found that medically, it was beneficial to circumcise a child. I don't know the history or logic of it, but I was told that many, many years ago. Otherwise, only those that are Jews and perhaps Muslim actually practice that, and I'm not sure about Muslims.

With regards to Christianity, after salvation was offered to Gentiles as well as Jews, there was some controversy in that some in Christianity thought that the Gentiles also needed to be circumcised, but the Apostles put an end to that. Gentiles did not have to be circumcised.

Terry,

I will try to briefly explain the basics for you. Physical circumcision was implemented by God under the older covenant (testament) for the Jewish people as a sign of the law which set them apart from the Gentile. It was only for the Jew, and never the Muslim as we call them today. Those Jews were living under the law of God handed down to them through Moses.

The Son of God (Jesus/Yeshua) came to fulfill the covenants of the older covenant (testament). The newer covenant allowed for the reconciliation of man back to God, first to the Jew and then to include the Gentile secondly. All Jewish males older than eight days were circumcised at that time. Of course, not all Jews accepted Jesus as their Messiah and they remain(ed) living under the old law. The Messianic Jews are those Jews living under the new law or new covenant.

When Gentiles began to accept Jesus thru the gospel, the Jews naturally assumed the new Gentile converts should be circumcised as a sign to set the apart from the other Gentiles. Paul taught that under the new law there was no need of a physical circumcision, but rather the need of a spiritual circumcision of the heart.

I hope that explains things a little better.

dave

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I knew most of all that, Dave. What I questioned later was Iggy's comment that it was Paul that was advocating for the Gentiles to be circumcised. I was pretty sure that Paul was arguing just the opposite. My comment that you quoted was simply my way of stating that there was a "clinical/medical" reason for circumcision in the more modern age.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Paul circumcised Timothy (or had him circumcised) Acts 16:1-5
Jesus himself oversaw the circumcision of a child. Luke 1:59
Luke (a product of Greek civilization) was also circumcised. It's in Colossians but I don't remember where.

St. Paul never REQURED the gentile to be circumcised. Not trying to start a yuge sectarian beef. It doesn't matter to me that much.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen way too many American men, women and children killed by islamic fanatics to ever, I repeat, ever, accept their so-called "religion: - it is a religion of hate. I will never accept them and their radical islamic beliefs. They DO not assimilate here at all. They hate us, they want to kill us. They want to kill our wives and children. They want to kill your babies. They are the worst, most dangerous enemy this nation has ever faced. Despite what you may read, we are nowhere near winning "the war against terror".

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will try to briefly explain the basics for you. Physical circumcision was implemented by God under the older covenant (testament) for the Jewish people as a sign of the law which set them apart from the Gentile. It was only for the Jew, and never the Muslim as we call them today. Those Jews were living under the law of God handed down to them through Moses.

Circumcision (aka. whacking the pee pee) is mentioned early on in the Scriptures. Genesis 17:9-14 is where God makes a covenant with Abraham and lets Abraham know that he needs to get circumcised.

I often wondered if Abraham did it himself or if he went to town and had someone else do this out patient surgery. At that time were there any people referred to as Jews?

SdoubleA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Circumcision (aka. whacking the pee pee) is mentioned early on in the Scriptures. Genesis 17:9-14 is where God makes a covenant with Abraham and lets Abraham know that he needs to get circumcised.

I often wondered if Abraham did it himself or if he went to town and had someone else do this out patient surgery. At that time were there any people referred to as Jews?

The passage in Genesis speaks of the Abrahamic covenant. The Jewish race began thru Father Abraham as God had planned. Abraham would have circumcised himself is common rabbinical belief.

Kinda got away from the original thread topic. Let's all get back on track.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm familiar with that date. It started a major gun/ammo buying spree by me before the shortages I predicted actually happened.
Didn't buy enough .22 rimfire though. I've fixed that issue though.

I started stocking up back on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008. I started at Academy. I bought over $700.00 worth of .308 that day - using up all the spare cash I could muster. My stock of ammo has grown since then and to this day remains - eh - 'significant'. I didn't leave out gathering .22 rimfire, though.

I guess I felt the 'urgency' like you did. I still have a sense of urgency but I'm comfortable with my preparations.

Woody

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an old friend who is a minister and he was tolerant of other religions until...the time he was working with some Muslims and they must have thought he was a likely convert because they told him they were waiting and building their Caliphate and when the tme was right they would get the call and completely disrupt the American economic system. After they told him that he began to be less tolerant.
These people came here not to do honor for this country nor support it but to destroy it from within. They know they can't lodge a war against us and win so they fight from within to destroy us.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm familiar with that date. It started a major gun/ammo buying spree by me before the shortages I predicted actually happened.
Didn't buy enough .22 rimfire though. I've fixed that issue though.
Yup,
I was informed on what was coming as well, the tail end of 07 I went from Shawnee to midwest city library and checked out his books and confirmed what I was told my a wise ole friend..(scary) I could not fathom how the 8 years came about, of course it's history now, only the damage lingers..

Latest posts

Top Bottom