The Muslims are taking over...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma is the model state for RINO's, Inhofe and lankford act just conservative enough to keep the people voting for them. I'm sure both will continue to move up in leadership of the GOP. Maybe one day they will be as conservative as Boehner.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On what Christian holiday other than Christmas do schools typically close? That has been renamed winter break so I wouldn't even count that one anymore.

But the fact remains, school is closed for the major Christian holiday in America. Cancel Christmas break and watch the "OH NOEZ, there's a war on Christianity" folks come out of the woodwork. Regardless of what you choose to call it....Holiday break, winter break whatever, Huckabee will come riding into town playing his guitar with one hand and fingering the Kentucky court clerk with the other...

If you feel threatened by another major religion asking to have their holiday off from school, you are blinded by your own religion. There is no integrity of argument to be had in refusing other religious holidays.

I still say they should just give everyone a block of XX amount of excused absences to use for whatever.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The article says that excused absences are given for religious holidays. Not sure what the uproar is about.

Yeah, but the kids have to make up work for those absences if they are taken outside of the non-secular observed Christmas break. Kids on Christmas break don't.

I'm really just playing devil's advocate and seeking integrity of argument. Imagine if kids had Eid al-Fitr or the entire period of Hanukkah off but your kids had to go to school or take an excused absence and do homework.

The answer is not "Deal with it. We are a Christian nation" because we aren't....and even if we were, it's not an excuse and it sounds an awful lot like those Muslim extremists we're all so against.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Winter break is two weeks and includes New years as well. They have completely removed religion from that break. It is now in the same class as spring break. What about next year when Christmas is on a Sunday??? Again.... Our schools are NOT closed for religious holidays Christian or any other. This is just people doing what Americans seem to do best these days... Whine, ***** etc. the butthurt is getting really old.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, but the kids have to make up work for those absences if they are taken outside of the non-secular observed Christmas break. Kids on Christmas break don't.

I'm really just playing devil's advocate and seeking integrity of argument. Imagine if kids had Eid al-Fitr or the entire period of Hanukkah off but your kids had to go to school or take an excused absence and do homework.

The answer is not "Deal with it. We are a Christian nation" because we aren't....and even if we were, it's not an excuse and it sounds an awful lot like those Muslim extremists we're all so against.

Personally, kids should learn that they will have to either put in extra work, or make sacrifices in school to practice their religion. Would probably allow for a less entitled egocentric mentality later on in life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom