The myth of the "Obama Phone"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OliverKlohzoff

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Only difference, other than the Party propaganda. Just stay where ya are and still vote the primaries. Stupid a$$ law.

My dad is a registered Democrat but staunch Republican. I asked him one time why he is still registered as a Democrat. He said it gives him the opportunity to vote against top Democrats twice. :D

bootsbaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess what righties... Obama had NOTHING to do with the so-called "Obama Phone"! In fact it is NOT even your tax dollars that funds the "free phone" program. Guess who WAS president when the program started?

...you got it, it was Dubya! Following the lead of Reagan!

That's right, they are Reagan/Bush Phones, NOT Obama phones.

See what happens when you research things yourself instead of getting your political info from FB, talk radio and political memes?

well Mr. Lefty, you are right partially, Reagan started lifeline for LAND line only phones. Bill Clinton expanded to all phones in 1996. so yeah... not bush not reagan another lefty dumbass named clinton expanded it to include cellular phones. And we all know how much Obama loves bill clinton I bet they have even enjoyed a cigar together. :puke:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad is a registered Democrat but staunch Republican. I asked him one time why he is still registered as a Democrat. He said it gives him the opportunity to vote against top Democrats twice. :D

I would be more inclined to this answer. While it is not bad to file as an independent, doing so limits one's involvement with the full process of an election, whether it be for a presidential election or the off year elections. I tend to be pretty independent but I'm a registered Republican simply because the philosophy of the Republican Party is closer to my beliefs than what the Democratic Party's is.

Truth be told, I am conservative first and base my voting decisions on those beliefs. That said, the last Democrat for president that believed similar to my beliefs was JFK. It was a few years after his assassination that I came to the conclusion that all the candidates for president on the Democrat side didn't have my beliefs and thus changed from being a registered Democrat to being a Republican.

Latest posts

Top Bottom